Woo Hoo! They're Back!!!! | SouthernPaddler.com

Woo Hoo! They're Back!!!!

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day guys,

Just got word from a mate, about 60 miles north from me at Bagara that the tuna are back! :shock: :D

Robin is away in Tasmania at the moment and I start a few days off tomorrow. :twisted:

Guess where I'm going. tomorrow :p

He caught these, this morning in an hour. :D

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

Bagara Beach

PICT0015.jpg

Here is the thread.

http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15270

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Thanks guys,

slight change of plan.

When I got home last night from w#$k, I was too tired to fully kit up right for this caper AND drive to Bagara.

Been hearing reports that the northern bluefin and longtail tuna are all over the place here at the moment. There are some broad barred and narrow bard spanish mackeral (I think you guys call them King Mackeral) mixed in with them.

Will spend today kitting up properly and hit more local waters in the morning. i have been waiting years for these blokes to come back in numbers.

Joey, these blokes are tackle and soul destroyers for a kayak fisherman. Average reported size is still only around the 10 Kg mark (22 pounds) Hopefully the big ones are right behind them. Even at 10kg, they are all muscle, attitude and teeth. Local name for em is the Razor Gang. :D

Reminds me. I gotta find my gaff and donga (billy club) been fishin for pissant pan fish way too long. :D . I wish I had the words to convey here just how excited I am about this.

These guys caught a bunch of em out the front of Burrum Heads yesterday.

002.jpg

Hope to properly blood Southwind tomorrow. :twisted:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Kayak Jack said:
Raw tuna sushi is the best!
Amen.

I got a western cedar board like the left coast injuns use ta cook fish. I never cooked a fish on it. I wonder if a tuna would cook good on a board in the oven? Any of ya'll got a fish cookin' board? Would Jarvis drool over a fish cooked on one?

the curious
bearridge

Talking to a democrat is like trying to teach your dog not to eat turds, it is a lost cause. Posted by: James Old Guy on November 3, 2004 02:48 PM

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The Spanish mackerel or king mackerel are some good smokers. We have a place over on the coast that smokes them and that is some good eating with a cold beer. :D
I haven't been there for a while so I'm not sure if that little smoke house is still there or not. Down here things are always changing.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Fella,

Here it iz. Ya'll dont have ta jest cook fish. It cooks meat, taters, squash 'n chicken....even seafood. The plank iz hollowed out so the juice wont run all over the oven. Wonder where the Chinooks come up with their ovens? I wish Mick had one.....so we kin hear how a tuna cooked on a plank tastes. Hm......Tuna on a Plank! Sounds kinda like Pizza in a Cup. 8)

http://wapurl.co.uk/?DU4MZ8A

regards
bearridge
Jethro's Cafe

St. Louis?
No, Navin Johnson.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Ozark said:
Interesting cooking idea. I guess the tighting is so the board doen't split?
Friend Paul,

That iz what mine sez....cuz the natural tendency of wood iz ta form cracks when heated. I mite try a chicken first, then a salmon, then a pork tenderloin, whatever goes good with grits.....beaver 'n biscuits uh hmm..... :wink:

regards
bearridge

Just barely enough to get by on, I reckon. Mmm. I reckon he got by alright. Mmm. They used to come out, one or the other, usually my mother and feed me pretty regular. Mmm-hmm. So I know he made enough to where I could have mustard and biscuits three or four times a week. Karl Childers

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
hairymick said:
Local name for em is the Razor Gang.

I should have known with teeth and that kind of name they we're carnivores

Somebody needs to explain to me how to do this quote thing

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ozark said:
hairymick said:
Somebody needs to explain to me how to do this quote thing

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Click on the quote button (upper right side of the post you want to quote ) then the whole post in quotes.... Backspace on what you do not want to be posted to remove without removing the quotation marks and then add your comments after the quotation marks , best to space a line down.

Hit preview to make sure things are the way you want then and proceed. :wink: "O" to post it hit the SUBMIT button. :p
You might goof up on the 1st one but never fear we will never know ... just back space ( Back out ) and try it again if the Preview shows the wrong thing.

Ya can't hurt anything so give it a try , if you do , 40 lashes with one of oldyakers wet sgetti noodles , I get the meat ball. :D

Chuck.
If push comes to shove and you get frustrated trying that ..... let Myself , Jack , Oldyaker or Harrymick know and it can corrected , we expect mistakes on here ...Heck we make more then the average bear and he does a good job of it. :lol: You will not break anything so don't sweat it , play around and have some fun. ( if you don't try it then you will never learn how to do it )

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldsparkey said:
Heck we make more then the average bear and he does a good job of it. :lol:
Friend Paul,

I hit the "quote" button on the right side of the High Sheriff's last post. That brung up everthin' he posted....with
marks on each end. I removed all but what ya see above. When I cut out all but the one sentence where the High Sheriff got it rite, I come down here 'n begun ta type this....with a lot of humility. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge
bodine a&m

We apologise for the error in last week's paper in which we stated that Mr. Arnold Dogbody was a defective in the police force. We meant, of course, that Mr. Dogbody is a detective in the police farce. Ely Standard

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Mick....I gotta kick ass recipe for tuna in a red wine sauce. :wink: Dang I'd love to be fishing there! :cry:

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
' nutha change of plan,

We got a big rain storm yesterday afternoon - 3 inches in half an hour and then it eased off to stady rain all night. Still raining here this morning and cold (for here)

Will wait for tomorrow.