1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Another I-Dee-Ho road trip

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Steve, May 18, 2009.

1. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Susie's sister moved up here this weekend and wanted to take a road trip to see some things. Thought I'd share some of the pics here with you, guys. Sorry, Bill, no shadow 'n' light pichurs, today. . .

On the way, we found this elk breeding farm. . . They be sickly looking when they're shedding. . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I saw these birch trees and couldn't resist taking a picture. . .
    [​IMG]

The old Cataldo mission. . . The Jesuits built it to bring religion to the Cour D'Alene Indians. . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pritchard Creek. . .
    [​IMG]

Where Susie and I took a little time out to do some panning. . . A few nice flakes but nothing chunky. . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A shot of the Bitterroots
    [​IMG]

The old Cour D'Alene river. . . The river's course changed when they built up the dam for Cour D'Alene Lake to increase its size back in the twenties. . . Snow melt and a few small creeks and streams are about all that keep the water flowing here, now. . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Cour D'Alene river, today. . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, finally, a shot of Lake Cour D'Alene
    [​IMG]

2. seedtick

seedtick Well-Known Member

nice pics keep 'em coming............

3. jdupre'

jdupre' Well-Known Member

Not seeing pics on this end. :?

4. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

Not here either.........
    Just the ....... Photo bucket not being able to show it.

5. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

Photo Bucket must be like this Forum. Don't pay the monthly bill and you get kicked off. :shock: :lol:
    Bob

6. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Went in and re-did the post for the pics. . . they're back, now. . . Susie and I had gone in and sorted the pics into files and I think that's what did it. . . hopefully, they're still up. . .

7. jdupre'

jdupre' Well-Known Member

I see em now. Beautiful country.

Joey

8. bearridge

bearridge Well-Known Member

I tole ya'll that wuz a fine lookin' lake. I like this. Somebody up here had ta stand up ta Mick 'n all that downunder beauty. [chuckle]

On the high technikle side, wonder how come seedtick seen them pichurs when others did not?

9. keith

keith Well-Known Member

bear, the pictures were up and then gone and now there back ( like you, you were here, then gone and now your back). steve was playing with them. later keith

10. bearridge

bearridge Well-Known Member

ooooooooohhhhh, I see....magic. Somebody likely put some gris gris on the pichurator. [chuckle]

11. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Naw, just did some sortin' out into albums. . . not real good with the gris gris. . . Gonna have to learn though. . .wanna get photoshop eventually but they have to work on that learnin' curve to make it easier for me. . .have heard it is a hard thing to learn. . .

12. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

That first shot of the nekkid moose looks a lot like a llama at first blush. Helluva lot of hamburgers in there! (Only two or three Aussie type ones; lots of Mickey D's, though.)

13. hairymick

hairymick Well-Known Member

Geez Steve,

You live in an amazing part of the world.

The scenery in your images just takes my breath away!

Thank you for sharing these

14. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

Another old timer told me that the most beautiful country he'd ever seen was around that area. I'm adding it to my "go to" list.

15. catfish

catfish Well-Known Member

hey steve that is some beutiful senery where you guys live. mabe you strike it rich one day there gold in them there hills. :wink: :) better not let tx rat see the elk pics i hear he is pretty good with a bow. he might have one fer supper. :lol: keep the pics coming.