Another I-Dee-Ho road trip | SouthernPaddler.com

Another I-Dee-Ho road trip

Steve

Susie's sister moved up here this weekend and wanted to take a road trip to see some things. Thought I'd share some of the pics here with you, guys. Sorry, Bill, no shadow 'n' light pichurs, today. . .

On the way, we found this elk breeding farm. . . They be sickly looking when they're shedding. . .
CourDAleneTripMay172009-14.jpg

CourDAleneTripMay172009-15.jpg

I saw these birch trees and couldn't resist taking a picture. . .
CourDAleneTripMay172009-43.jpg

The old Cataldo mission. . . The Jesuits built it to bring religion to the Cour D'Alene Indians. . .
CourDAleneTripMay172009-46.jpg

CourDAleneTripMay172009-44.jpg

Pritchard Creek. . .
CourDAleneTripMay172009-115.jpg

Where Susie and I took a little time out to do some panning. . . A few nice flakes but nothing chunky. . .
CourDAleneTripMay172009-141.jpg

CourDAleneTripMay172009-144.jpg

A shot of the Bitterroots
CourDAleneTripMay172009-130.jpg

The old Cour D'Alene river. . . The river's course changed when they built up the dam for Cour D'Alene Lake to increase its size back in the twenties. . . Snow melt and a few small creeks and streams are about all that keep the water flowing here, now. . .
CourDAleneTripMay172009-78.jpg

CourDAleneTripMay172009-80.jpg

The Cour D'Alene river, today. . .
CourDAleneTripMay172009-84.jpg

CourDAleneTripMay172009-85.jpg

And, finally, a shot of Lake Cour D'Alene
CourDAleneTripMay172009-173.jpg

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I tole ya'll that wuz a fine lookin' lake. I like this. Somebody up here had ta stand up ta Mick 'n all that downunder beauty. [chuckle]

On the high technikle side, wonder how come seedtick seen them pichurs when others did not?

Steve

Naw, just did some sortin' out into albums. . . not real good with the gris gris. . . Gonna have to learn though. . .wanna get photoshop eventually but they have to work on that learnin' curve to make it easier for me. . .have heard it is a hard thing to learn. . .

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
hey steve that is some beutiful senery where you guys live. mabe you strike it rich one day there gold in them there hills. :wink: :) better not let tx rat see the elk pics i hear he is pretty good with a bow. he might have one fer supper. :lol: keep the pics coming.