first attempt | SouthernPaddler.com

first attempt

Zeb

Dec 18, 2006
Co.Durham England
hello Mo, im using Matts Simplicity,its the 500 version and it does what it says on the wrapper!!!Download for about six quid!!Value for money!!!Help and advice is FREE He will even tells you this weeks lotto numbers !!!!! :shock: Sorry im like a kid with a new toy cheers zeb :D :D :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Zeb....

The Lotto numbers he gave me were not that hot , they came in two weeks after I got my ticket which was two weeks to late. ...... :twisted:

I do have to say his boats are a lot better winners for having some fun with , when they are built. :D

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Sounds like more guys are getting hooked on building wooden boats, Chuckie. You know, wood - that stuff with which boats can't be made?

Yep..... Jack.

Remember when pissler.net called us Wood Butchers because they wanted everyone to paddle a petroleum produce and not something that fits in with the natural order of things.

What can someone expect from some idiocy kids pushing plastic boats to fill there pockets while still wet behind the ears and with there mommies spoon feeding them ... undoughtley not a lot since there web site deals with the idiots that have no idea on how to make a good , nature friendly boat , much less when they are on the river bank trying to figure out how to boil water.

Yep ,I have slipped over there , in one of my weaker moments or when stoned and staggering , puking drunk ....... the last question I saw was ... Which end of the paddle goes in the water when paddling....... It took all of them to answer that and so far no one managed to tell the poor guy , the end that is wet.

There are folks out there in Cyber land trying to help folks (paddlers) like us and then there are people like them that just want to push a product and if someone ( God help them ) does not agree with them , they are called all sorts of names.

They have sponsoring them and make a buck..... The way I see it integrity is or should not be for sale , no matter who is paying for it and sponsoring your web sit ............ Just call me old fashion since no one pays for this one but me and we have no sponsors , just folks we trust and then pass the word on about them and there products.......... Plain and simple, they have something that works and we like it ..........

As you might guess ..... I really do not like pissler.net .... and the worse thing you can do is to list there web site on here because when I see that , there will be some hell to pay. Actually I should thank them and there lop sided ways because if it was not for what they did to the three of us we would not be here ......... NO .... FORGET IT .... I see there link on here ... it is history. That is the one form of censorship on here besides the spammers and I consider them just that.

Chuck.
If you are wondering about which web site .... use your imagination and replace the ass's with pp's which suets them just fine.

Zeb

Dec 18, 2006
Co.Durham England
Thanks Mick,After that little glitch two years ago your boys are back on song,never seen a team so determined,Im really enjoying making a WOODEN BOAT and the help and encouragement is simply amazing,I can lght a fire with a bit of birch bark,I can tie a few knots to sling a hammock,boil a bit of water for a brew,soon i hope i can say OH yea i can make a boat too :D :D :D cheers zeb

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Zeb said:
Im really enjoying making a WOODEN BOAT and the help and encouragement is simply amazing,I can lght a fire with a bit of birch bark,I can tie a few knots to sling a hammock,boil a bit of water for a brew,soon i hope i can say OH yea i can make a boat too :D :D :D cheers zeb
Self reliance is a heady experience.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
hey Zeb,

My thoughts on this forum are much the same as yours. You can ask just about any question you like here (provided it is G rated) and there seems to be allways somebody here who has th answer who is very willing to help.

We now have regular contributors from three continents, all with vastly different levels and types of experience and paddling environments and the friendly willingness to share and to help is amazing.

Until I started building a pirogue, they were virtually unheard of out here, even though they are one of the most suitable types of paddle craft around for our slow flowing inland waterways. Now, people are starting to see their obvious potential here and I don't think it will be long before they are scattered far and wide.

If I ever catch up with the boats that I want to build, one of Matts Merrimacs is also on my list just because I really like the lines of it. I have a fleet of very good, store bought boats but nothing can compare to paddling your own boat, that you built yourself - your way.

Matt will be adding to his allready superb line up of paddlecraft in the coming months with several models of kayaks and expedition capable, touring sea canoes and even a very slick, very fast, solo touring canoe.

I am gearing up to start work on my next project and as soon as the weather here starts to cool down a little will begin in earnest. :D Will keep Y'all posted.

Zeb

Dec 18, 2006
Co.Durham England
hello fellas,Any thoughts on spacers and inwhales?is three inches about right for the spacers?do you fit them first or can they be fit together(dont really want to use screws)Got the rubrail on and the inside taped,Shes coming along :D :D :D
cheers zeb

Zeb

Dec 18, 2006
Co.Durham England
Hello fellas,Couple of progress pictures
DSCI0037.jpg

DSCI0040.jpg

Cheers zeb :)

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Zeb,

Mitey good goin'.

regards
bearridge

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. George Bernard Shaw