first attempt | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

first attempt

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya Zeb,

thats looking real nice mate. :D

hey Jack, C'mon over to the dark side mate. Build your self one of these lovely pirogues. You'll never regret it. C'mon bloke, ya know ya want to. :lol:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Mick,

Where I paddle is different than where you paddle. I have one flat bottomed boat, giving it away. In the meantime, I can easily forego the temptation to have another one.

A semi-round bottom boat is more gooder for my uses. But, thank ya anyway.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Oh yeah, and once in a while I paddle them. But, a semi-round bottom boat does fine in there, and it excels in rough water. A flat bottomed boat is pretty much limited to calm waters.

Otherwise, the pucker factor goes up exponentially. Been there, done that. Made a vow to never go back voluntarily.

islandpiper

mick, been following the above: to get the best use of a flat-bottom boat, one should first have a flat bottom....... :lol:

Jack lives in the Southern end of Michigan, but still mostly streams and rivers that actually MOVE, and manueverability is of primary importance, and on the larger bodies of water a North wind popping up can build a chop you have to see to believe. And, the water is too cold to enjoy sitting in it for long. When I lived in the Upper Penninsula, about 500 miles north and west of Jack I enjoyed my Dennis Davis yaks, but hip-joint flexibility was not the issue it is at times now either. Having one's legs inside, out of the weather was nice.

Beside that, if you get Jack to build a pirogue, then we'll have to listen to him brag about it, look at all the pictures, hear about how Katie's is borrowing it all the time, all the other things he can use it for, like serving chips and dip at the Lodge, etc etc.........hey, hearing all that would be fun!!

ya, Jack.....I'm with Mick. You NEED one of these. And there's a Home Depot right there in E. Lansing where you can get all the wood......Build a Cajun Pirogue, you already have the Cajun Spice to go along with it.

heh heh heh

Piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Mick and Piper-san make a real pair to draw to. Fact is, either one of'em makes a good pair all by hisself.

If horse dung were brains, Einstein would be calling you guys.

Peerows iz good in slack, shallow, gurpy water. Only place here we have that stuff is called a sewage disposal plant. Semi-round bottom boats iz good in clear, fast moving water - even if covered with whitecaps.

Zeb

Dec 18, 2006
Co.Durham England
Hi fellas, nearly there
nearlythere.jpg
cheers zeb :)

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
FIRST ATTEMP

ZEB YOU MUST BE PLANNING ON HAULING ALL OF THE GEEZERS IN IT. MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER. NICE LOOKING BOAT I KNOW YOU WILL LIKE IT. CATFISH

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Zeb,

Dont fergit the pichurs!

regards
bearridge

SOLDIER #1:
What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
ARTHUR:
It could grip it by the husk!
SOLDIER #1:
It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
ARTHUR:
Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
SOLDIER #1:
Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
ARTHUR:
Please!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Zeb, double steve, Sir Neville 'n our other pals frum across the pond oughta be mitey proud of 'em.

That iz a mitey fine lookin' first time boat too. I figger it aint the first time Ole Zeb tried ta carpenter. :lol:

cheers
bearridge

So what Jefferson was saying was "Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." Yeah? Jeff Spicoli

Zeb

Dec 18, 2006
Co.Durham England
Thanks for the kind comments guys :D
The romans learned me how to saw wood just after they learned us to build roads,aquaducts,sanitation BUT WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers zeb