Got To Love Pirogue Fishing | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Got To Love Pirogue Fishing

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Made a few trips recently. All successful in one form or other. Water levels and quality have improved with the cooler weather.
100_0373.JPG

Reactions: grandpa paddler

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
October is one of my favorite months to fish. Bass fishing may even be more challenging than building boats. Cypress trees are a staple target to fish and usually very productive. This trip not so much. The fish in the picture was caught on a bank with no nearby trees or visible cover. It is rewarding when you can figure out the puzzle.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Made one of those special trips Friday beror Father's Day. Beesboy and I fished a stretch of the Bayou we had never been on befor. We caught fish all day long and explored new water. He said it could be my Father's Day present. I said I would take one like that every year.:D.
Ended the day with this one.
View attachment 1431

beekeeper
Made one of those special trips Friday before Father's Day. Beesboy and I fished a stretch of the Bayou we had never been on before. We caught fish all day long and explored new water. He said it could be my Father's Day present. I said I would take one like that every year.:D.
Ended the day with this one.
View attachment 1431

beekeeper
Three years latter on the same part of the Bayou another pre Father's Day trip and I caught this one:
100_0374.JPG

We did not catch the numbers we had on the first trip but one fish like this makes it special.

P.S. For any sharp eye observers the date on my camera was wrong.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Not so good of picture of a very good pirogue fish. My son's best ever bass caught in Louisiana 7 lbs. 8 ozs.
100_0399.JPG

Last edited:

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Only have fished Baudcau a few times. Like all fishing, some good trips some not as good. It is my kind of place. It has been a difficult year in general. Seems we had a lot of high water events and the bayous have stayed unsettled. The storms have also blown a lot of trees down blocking the channels. Shortens the day unless you are really mad at the fish and are willing to drag over or go around some how.
Not asking for your "secret" spot' but where do you like to put in at.