I have a camping project to work on , making deposits | Page 4 | SouthernPaddler.com

I have a camping project to work on , making deposits

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
How bout a sturdy seat with four holes drilled 'n reinforced, then ropes frum each hole, two on each side tie off inta one rope on each side goin' up ta a big limb...like a child's swing?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bearridge said:
How bout a sturdy seat with four holes drilled 'n reinforced, then ropes frum each hole, two on each side tie off inta one rope on each side goin' up ta a big limb...like a child's swing?

Bear ....

If we would do something like that your legs from the knees down would be brown stained. Might be more of you stained if you slipped out of the harness ( seat) . Don't worry you would stop sliding along the ground when the lubricant or your supply of it wore out. :lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Campmor 'n other outside gear stores sell a campin' chair that hangs by a rope frum a tree. Ya kin cut a hole in the bottom of one, but I figger my idea above would "feel" better fer the job. But ya dont swing.....least I dont. I jest set there....unless the sand gives way 'n I have ta triple back flip Ninja move ta safety. I aint sho how ya'll take a dump.....sounds downrite gymnastic. Brings up a mind pichur that I kin do without. If any of ya'll wanna be a Flyin' Wallenda on the pot, jest keep it ta yerownself. We dont need ta share all our campin' tips. [chuckle]

regards
bearridge

So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot. George Orwell

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Here is a picture of the Commandos Chair. I knew we had it some place around here. :lol:

The%20Commodores%20Chair.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Well after some tries and a lot of thinking I decided on cheating and now I am glad I did.

Got one of these with my Cabelas Points , so all I can say is ... Thank's Cabelas. :D

imagewrap.img

Packs up nice and neat , compact but a good height to the seat. All plastic , easy to sanitize ( seat and back are removable) for when those not so neat folks use it :lol: The bag they furnish for civilized folks can be removed when camping. When it is removed there is a nice wide pass threw all the way so hitting the hole in the ground should not be a problem.

Plus if we get some hurricanes around here this year , I have a back up system. :wink: Unlike the porta potty that is in the camper , this one does not need any water , chemicals , dissembling , emptying and eventually replacing the flushing bellows , plus it is a lot more compact , lighter weight and takes a lot less space.

Also got the tripod grill from Cabelas to do steaks , chops , chicken , ribs , sausage links or any meat over the fire on. So you might say I have everything covered from the start to the finish or have it covered from the in to the out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

s7_512974_imageset_01

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Wannabe said:
Are the legs made where they won't sink in the sand?
I'm guessing he forgot all about that "must not sink in the sand" feature that was a requirement a month ago, Bob.

Nope no forgetting on this part , a couple of boards will stop that problem. Where we usually set up the comfort station is not on the sand but in the woods overlooking a good view. Down here we can camp in the woods since most of the places the woods goes all the way to the river. Those Texas rivers are the exception. :lol:

Chuck

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
You might think about putting a groove or a notch in those boards where the legs contact them. You might get a rude surprise as you raise up on one cheek if a leg slips off of a board. What a picture THAT will make.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Piper San, I was cautioning him about his toilet legs slipping, not the cooking tripod.

Jack...

I am not a novice at camping been doing it most of my life, Your suggestions were a day late and a dollar short since that problem has been corrected on this end , I just did not say anything about it and other stuff that will work.

I was just holding back to see how far the suggestions would go and if any of them were useful. Basically we are walking over well traveled ground. Especially since there ads tell you the cover can be used as a base for the unit on soft sand.... YES , you have to use the bag with it and those I have and don't plan on using out camping since we camp on solid ground , really solid ground.

By the way would you PLEASE use smaller print , no reason to shout. :lol:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
I figured that you already had the leg stability thing figured out. I'm assembling a bucket of my own, about a 2 1/2 gallon square bucket. I'm am curious about (1) the bags to be used in your unit, and (2) is there a gel or powder or something to use inside of it?

I'm planning to use small/medium sized garbage bags with foam pipe insulation around the edges of the bucket. Foam will help secure bags and provide a bit of a cushion in tender (unmentionable) places.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
just use regular garbage bags, tie them off with an air pocket, and set them adrift on the water

sit back and watch curious folks stop, pick up the floating bags and open them up to see what's inside

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Piper San, lest you forget, last time we went out and the orange trowel (used for digging little slit trenches at various times and places) came up missing, Joey found it being used in your dutch oven as a spatula.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
I figured that you already had the leg stability thing figured out. I'm assembling a bucket of my own, about a 2 1/2 gallon square bucket. I'm am curious about (1) the bags to be used in your unit, and (2) is there a gel or powder or something to use inside of it?

Hold onto your hat the WAG Bags are $2.95 EACH and the reason for that cost is.
* Kit contains a WAG Bag waste bag, zip-close storage bag, toilet paper and hand sanitizer
* Disposal bags contain environmentally friendly Poo Powder™ that quickly turns human waste into a solid for easy transport and safe disposal
* Poo Powder treats up to 32 oz. of liquid and solid waste, allowing for multiple uses per bag
* Odor neutralizer eliminates unpleasant odors; decay catalyst initiates decomposition
* Landfill-approved WAG Bags are biodegradable and can be disposed of in trash with regular garbage

The Poo Powder are actually some (friendly) bacteria and enzymes that are just sitting in the bag waiting for someone to deliver there lunch to them. Phillips also sells the powder separately if a person furnishes there own bags.
I'm figuring the bags can be used here at the house for hurricanes or on the road for emergencies but for camping a nice hole in the ground makes more sence to me. If a person wanted to use bags then those nice plastic ones the grocery stores pack the groceries in would work. We like to use them as garbage bags in the campsite. They have built in handles to hang them with.

By the way I saw one set up which was a bucket with a soft cover around the rim of it.
toilet1_1191193573.jpg

http://sharedreviews.com/r/3637-hassock-portable-toilet it is quite ingenious the way it is set up. Click on that link , scroll down a short distance and those pictures can be enlarged.

Chuck.
The WAG bag® functions with a double bag system. All the components of the WAG bag® are constructed of high quality puncture resistant materials. The outer bag has a secure zip top that creates an airtight seal when in the closed position. The inner WAG bag® contains a gelling powder that is usually referred to as Pooh Powder. This powder immediately begins to gel the waste while neutralizing the odor. The components of Pooh Powder are not toxic and are highly biodegradable. One of the advantages of using a WAG bag® containing this powder is that the decay process is accelerated, with both the bag and the waste being completely decayed in a matter of months. Perfectly hygienic, the neither the powder or the WAG bag® contains any type of perfumes, so persons with allergies can use the bags with confidence.

The WAG bag® is an excellent item to include with any type of hiking or camping gear. The bags weigh almost nothing, and will slip into a backpack with ease. Using a WAG bag® requires no special equipment at all. For people that prefer to take along a camping vehicle, the WAG bag® can be used in conjunction with the any of the folding toilets on the market today, or even with a camper toilet that does not have a water source for flushing. Along with being a great addition to backpacking and camping gear, the WAG bag® can be helpful around the home. Should a plumbing emergency dictate that the water is shut off for a time, the WAG bag® can easily be used with a home toilet as well.