Mary Valley Road Trip | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Mary Valley Road Trip

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
We just got home again 8) and in the process of uploading images now.

Will start a trip report in the morning, In the meantime, here are a couple of piccies,

We watched a few sunsets, (with beer)

ff20147f.jpg

From the Sunset Bar, 1770 :D

e5d1d7ce.jpg

and in between, we found time to do a lil paddling in some pretty nice water. 8)

91d4510e.jpg

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Mick,

I really like that last pichur. Makes me wanna paddle some clear ocean water. Too bad there aint no clear ocean close by. [sigh]

regards
bearridge

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions. James Madison

dawallace45

Just a side note , the Mapleton , Montville , Maleny area Mick visited is where my Grandmothers family come from , my Great Grandfather built the first school at Montville and I still have a lot of family in the area although I've never met most of them and really have no desire to search them out , I have a Uncle at Mapleton who is a well know artist and have to say that the whole area is beautiful but while I really enjoyed those bush walks in the area 20 years ago all those up's and down have sort of lost their appeal some what over the last few years , used to do a lot of freshwater fishing in the area many years ago .

David

Just for Mick

I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about 'protectin' the earth' and then drive around in cars that get poor gas mileage and wear those stupid bracelets - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!
Eric Cartman