Moonshine Grape Wine Recipe | Page 6 | SouthernPaddler.com

Moonshine Grape Wine Recipe

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Kayak Jack said:
Corn don't grow on Rocky Top - it's too rocky by far.
Friend Kayak Jack,

Now Alvin 'n hiz Pa before him raised corn up on top. Even tho Alvin cut all them centers, he never had no bottom land til after he kilt all the Germans.

Alvin wuz hangin' on ta a plow behind hiz mule layin' out crooked rows in the cornfield cuz he wuz too lazy ta move that rock in the field til Walter Brennan tole him how it wuz a farmin' parable.

After lightning hit that ole tree 'n knocked the mule silly, Alvin moved that rock so he kin make straight rows. Ever time a bolt knocks yer mule down, its a sign ya better git yer rows straight.

Wonder how come near bout all the sippin' whiskey comes frum Tennessee 'er Kentucky? When you 'n Jack Daniels went ta usin' oak barrels, did ya ever ask how come he didnt put hiz cookin' still out ta Idaho 'er Kansas? Miz Bear sez it aint nuthin' but corn in Kansas 'n Fort Riley. :mrgreen:

regards,

bearridge

I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called 'brightness,' but it doesn't work. Gallager

stand watie

Apr 2, 2005
virginia
to all,

i've been making "outlaw hooch" for four DECADES- longer than BOATS, for sure.

my recipe is:
200 ounces of whatever juice i happen to have,
five pounds of sugar,
a package of yeast &
fill the glass 5gal carboy up to the neck.
hide same in the back of the closet/toolshed/corncrib.
WAIT. (that's the hardest part!)

one of my tricks is to put the completed wine OUTSIDE the house over the winter & throw away all the ICE that forms on the top, every time i think about it.

by spring, the remainder will "KNOCK YER CAP OFF!" and it's LEGAL!!!!

otoh, do NOT run your wine through a still.
that's called FRUIT BRANDY & the law will carry you off to the hoosegow for making that lovely stuff.

have i ever made it?? i'll never tell! (but as i'm from EasTexas, where corn production is still measured by the 1/2 gallon fruitjar...........)

free dixie,sw :D :D :D
www.freerepublic.com

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kahuna

Sorry but I have not tried it ... There is just to much trouble keeping a normal batch cooking and one cooling in the frig.

The trouble is caused by both the wife and I with empty glasses around supper time. Got to have a libation of some kind in the evening to celebrate the cocktail hour and if it is real good all the better.. :D

Chuck.

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Grape Juice??

So you like it is per the recipe?? have you tried any other concentrate other than regula?? Used White?? etc??
Kahuna

oldsparkey said:
Kahuna

Sorry but I have not tried it ... There is just to much trouble keeping a normal batch cooking and one cooling in the frig.

The trouble is caused by both the wife and I with empty glasses around supper time. Got to have a libation of some kind in the evening to celebrate the cocktail hour and if it is real good all the better.. :D

Chuck.

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
More Wine

Thanks. Here is a recipe that can be applied to all of the welches 100% frozen concentrates. When you stabilize the wine the additive kills the residual yeast. If the wine is to dry. After stabilizing you can make a boiled sugar syrup sweeten to taste then bottle. That's how the pros do it.
Kahuna

WELCH'S WHITE GRAPE AND PEACH WINE

2 cans (11.5 oz) Welch's White Grape and Peach frozen concentrate
1-1/4 lbs granulated sugar
2 tsp acid blend
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutrient
water to make 1 gallon
Sauterne wine yeast

Bring 1 quart water to boil and dissolve the sugar in the water. Remove from heat and add frozen
concentrate. Add additional water to make one gallon total and pour into primary. Add remaining
ingredients except yeast. Cover primary and set aside 12 hours. Add activated wine yeast and recover.
When active fermentation slows down (about 5-7 days), transfer to secondary and fit airlock. When
clear, rack, top up and refit airlock. Wait 30 days and rack, top up and refit airlock. After additional 30
days, stabilize, sweeten if desired and rack into bottles. [Author's own recipe]

draino said:
I reduced the amount of sugar in the original recipe by one cup, its a lot less sweet and Its starting to dry out a bit.

Draino

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Dry Wine??

Some people make their wine very dry. If you stabilize it before bottling(kill off remaining yeast) you can make a simple syrup and sweeten to taste then bottle.
Kahuna

draino said:
I reduced the amount of sugar in the original recipe by one cup, its a lot less sweet and Its starting to dry out a bit.

Draino

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
Ozarks of N. Central Arkansas
'Turbo Cider'

Since I just finally got winemaking to the top of 'THE LIST' a few weeks ago I've been roving the 'net for further info. I found a recipe for 'Turbo Cider', so called because it's so fast, on a British forum. I have a batch on since Sunday so I can't personally testify about it yet, but the popularity of the thread makes it seem like a good idea. If anyone here is still herding yeast then you can find the 'Turbo Cider' thread at:
<http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/cgi/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=recipe;action=display;num=1103122390>

As soon as the supplier I chose opens this morning I have a list of winemaking equipment & supplies to order. I haven't had the guts to total it, but since Kahuna is responsible for getting this madness started I think I'll just bill him for half of it. Under the circumstances it seems it's the yeast he could do. :lol: OFotB

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
Ozarks of N. Central Arkansas
Kayak Jack said:
'Tiz a fine and heady thing for an olde man to have a hobby that muddles his head and softens his stool.

Thumbs up to both of the above. Plus now when people ask what I do I don't have to search for an answer, I can tell them I'm a yeast rancher. "Yep kids, been riding herd since before daylight; round-up'll be over in a few weeks though and I can rest a spell".