Moonshine Grape Wine Recipe | Page 5 | SouthernPaddler.com

Moonshine Grape Wine Recipe

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Navin Johnson said:
Waiter.....come take away this old stuff! What do you take us for? Bring us a bottle of something new. :mrgreen:
I like this quote; sounds like something from the Marx Brothers' movie "Duck Soup". You know - the one where the butler told them, "Walk this way." And they waddled off behind him in perfect imitation.

A

Anonymous

Steve Martin "The Jerk"

Best DVD ya kin buy.....after the Pythons, Lonesome Dove and the Unforgiven.

A

Anonymous

Ah yes...my geezer pal Kayak Jack,

A fancy glass of moonshine wine 'n two geezers settin' round in rockers tellin' each other their favorite movies....fer the 56th time. :mrgreen:

If we git az bad retellin' the same stale jokes, I reckon we kin jest give 'em all numbers. That'll save a heap a time. Rather than tell the whole joke, ya jest sez "number 36"...'n we'll all git ta laughin'.

Not real hard tho cuz "number 36" warnt all that funny in the first place. :wink:

regards,

bearridge the forgetful

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. H. L. Mencken

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kahuna

I decreased the sugar and only used one pack of yeast on the last batch............ WOW.

It does make you forget your problems and and spelllllling spelllllling , did I say that ???????????

Some strong stuff , I like it , makes me forget about the trolls on here ......... This stuff is better then that single malt stuff jack like's Way better, hick ,,,, now where did all of those come frum........ Who cares ???????????

Almost makes one think it is the same stuff Bear brings on his river trips .............. But this has a lot more BANG to it..........

What Honey ....... Ya want supper ........ OK get it then have a glass of the shine wine and you will not care ......... Trust me it even would make something Swampy cooks taste good , forget Jack ... that is a a lost cause., he likes that single malt stuff. :evil:

kev70s

Apr 1, 2005
IL
wine making

Hi guys I stumbled across your site looking for wine making information. and read all of your experiences. I have everything to make my first batch. however i was wondering if I could use the quart jars that are used for canning to bottle my wine in. my folks use them to put up tomato juice in so thought I could do wine what anyone think
thanks
Kev

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
The original moonshine transporting device? Sounds good. Sure will beat that goat bladder I was planning on giving Kayak Jack next time I see him.

Clean,clean clean and use new seals.
Reading on the net and in a book I have bought ,this type of wine we are making , non-pasturised,non-sulfited doesnt store well, So drink it within 8 months. Shouldnt really be a problem once ya get a taste of it.

Welcome ta da club. Bottoms up!
Draino

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Re: wine making

kev70s said:
Hi guys I stumbled across your site looking for wine making information. Kev

Judging by the number of views and messages, stumbled would be the descriptive word for lots of our activity in this area. Any Conosewers out there know whats the correct wine ta serve with pea-nut butter 'n jelly :?: ?

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Re: wine making

BEARS BUDDY said:
<SNIP> Any Conosewers out there know whats the correct wine ta serve with pea-nut butter 'n jelly :?: ?
Ger,

The answer is the same no matter what the food: "The wine you have in your hand is the correct wine that goes with that food."

And - the word is "commonsewer". (Always have to edjumicate da unwashed, ya nowe.)

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Bears Buddy,

It aint eazy ta find these days, but I heard that Hiney wine wuz mitey tasty with any kinda sammich. At first folks jest figgered it come in a can cuz it wuz so eazy fer the high class bass fishin' fellas. "Hey Bubba, reach me a can a that Hiney wine....I gotta wash down that europe sausage 'n soda crackers".

Folks that fish jest caint take wine glasses, cork screws 'n mebbe a table cloth on a trip, so wine in a can wuz a swell idea.....kinda like pizza in a cup.

regards,

bearridge
bodine culinary institute

Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it. Navin Johnson

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Davy n me, we smoked our wine down, and carried it around in our vest pockets. Once, just after the Alamo, we wuz trampin along with Euell Gibbons cuz Davy wanted to make some asparagus wine. Well, we wuz in the Rockies, and there was a night when Davy plumb run outa smoked wine.

“Capn’n Jack!â€Â

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Swampy said:
< lifting a glass o' Southern Comfort>

Friend Swampy,

Run outta white gas? Roundup? coal oil? I never poured out whiskey til I bought a bottle a that stuff.

I wuz outta Draino. :mrgreen:

regards,

bearridge
bodine distillery

The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need! My name in print! That really makes me somebody! Things are going to start happening now. Navin Johnson

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Corn don't grow on Rocky Top - it's too rocky by far.
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top keep their corn in a jar.

Whoa ohhh - Rocky Top, it's home sweet home to me,
Goo-ood ole Rocky Top - Rocky Top Tennessee!
Rocky Top Tennessee