my swamp pirogue | SouthernPaddler.com

my swamp pirogue

pereaux

Apr 13, 2009
Well this is my version of a swamp pirogue. It is built from sinker cypress 3/4" thick. I am a slow builder inspired by all you guys on this forum. I am an OLD GEEZER plagued with an injury. The grand kids and my son do all the lifting. I try to involve them so they can do this too ,if they are interested. Teach them to build and they will have boats a lifetime. Build it for them and they have 1 boat.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Nice boat. Very pretty wood. Ditto to Bilgerat, more pictures please.

beekeeper

pereaux

Apr 13, 2009
Thanks guys. I still don't know how to post pictures right. My wife helped on these but I don't know what I'm doing yet. The other picture was removed in the serious boat question forum for some reason. (mabye too big or just in the wrong place). I sure don't want to displease any one here. I tried to down size it some more and edited it. If that was wrong, I'm sorry and please remove it once more , moderator . Please . Ya'll a bunch of good guys that have helped me a lot by answering questions even before I have to ask. I will try to post some more when I build up enough courage .

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
pereaux...

As far as I know .. No One on here removed it , I sure didn't. All I could find was this one in the questions section and it has shruk from the original size. If my memory serves me right.

file.php

Chuck.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Pereaux,
Not to worry my friend. If you have pleased yourself, you have pleased me. Let your thoughts flow onto the printed page and hit the submit button. The only time I have had my wife proof read anything was when I was on pain pills and going back and correcting was just overwhelming to me. Sometimes she could hardly do it for laughing at what I was trying to write. Don't worry about lack of comquter skills. If you have a problem just ask. One of the smart a$$es :D will be more than happy to help. I have certainly had help, some asked for and some not. I was probally on here for a year before I could do a quote or put a picture on here. :oops: Never fear, we are here for ya. :shock: :?
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Wannabe said:
...I have certainly had help, some asked for and some not. I was probally on here for a year before I could do a quote or put a picture on here. :oops: Never fear, we are here for ya. :shock: :?
Pereaux,

Bob is due retraining most any week now. He is in sad shape. He keeps thinking he's sane and accepted here. We try to not let him know the truth. He doesn't drool as much as he used to, and (often) needs only one diaper a day now. I'm sure you'll understand.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
That pirogue is one beautiful boat. Can you post more photos of the boats? That second one intrigues me. Design source, plans, more photos please!

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Sorry if I did not phrase that right. And my Momma was Mexican. Dad did not really want me to speak Jap. Wouldn't let me do no kind of Jap stuff. Said I was American so act like it.
I was just trying to say what a fine feller you are Jack :mrgreen:
Bob

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Wannabe said:
I was just trying to say what a fine feller you are Jack
Truthful Jack,

Dont let on, but that dope haz done took a toll on our pal Wannabe San. I dont speak Jap, so I dont know jest what he called ya, but it wuz the dope talkin'....no our pal Wannabe San. When hiz lovely wife sees what he done, I bet she will git ta editin'.....ex post hasto.

regards
bearridge

It aint what ya dont know that hurts ya.  What really puts a hurtin' on ya iz what ya knows fer sho, that jest aint so. Uncle Remus

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
It's of no consequence, Br'r bear. He just questioned my ancestry - and found it to be severely lacking. I'll get him at the next Rendezvous. We'll put Miracle Whip in his beer. Anyway, it'll LOOK like Miracle whip.

An, I'll sick that itinerant bagpipe player on him.

pereaux

Apr 13, 2009
Picture%20068_6.jpg
It is a 2 seater with removable sliding seats., that are made of laminated strips of my scraps. The center strip is white oak. Also the top rub rail.This boat is 13 1/2 ' long. I tried posting this one on my own.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
pereaux,
Dang man! Ya went and did it now. Ya might of got away with just that first picture and been done with it. That second picture just let the cat out of the bag and now we gotta have more pictures. That boat is a peice of art. Can you tell about your build? More pictures would be much appreciated. :D :D
Bob