OK, JEM...... | Page 10 | SouthernPaddler.com

OK, JEM......

Boomhauer

Jul 20, 2006
Victoria BC
JEM said:
In case anyone is wondering, yes I am working on this project.

I'm up to 35+ pages of detailed assembly instructions. Starting to get to the home stretch.

Cool, 8) Glad to here that its coming along.

JEM

http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail.php?prod=Okwata

PP.JPG

islandpiper

Yippee.....got a nice package of plans from Matt on thursday. Not quite up to really seeing them yet, but with a long squint, they look pretty nice.

Thanks Matt, hopefully this winter I'll be able to (proudly) send you some pictures.

You other guys, if you haven't made your minds up yet, stop by my place, bring a six-pack and you can review my set of OKWATA plans. Then, you can decide if you want to build one too. I really think Matt is a mindreader....this in the kayak I have envisioned for a long time

Cheers, Piper

JEM

islandpiper said:
I really think Matt is a mindreader....this in the kayak I have envisioned for a long time

there's comment in there about it being a short story but I'm just gonna let that go. :D

She did turn out mighty purty. I learned some new tricks doing it and it advanced my skills a little bit. Someday, down the road, I might play with a longer. skinnier, sea kayak version.

But many other projects in front of that. 8)

islandpiper

Greetings Matt. Curiosity has the best of me. How is ther interest level on thiis new design? Lots of plans out? Anything built yet?

I haven't spent much time with my plans yet, can't see much yet, but I'm looking forward to making some big wood into little wood and ending up with a kayak!!

Piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Himmmmmmmm ..... Hay Matt , since this was on southernpaddler I am thinking that a % might be a good idea.:oops:

NO ... Skip that thought , we can share in a percentage of the fun when his wife gets to paddle the boat and his disappointment when she refuses to let him use it.

Broom , ya better get ready after you make that one to make one for yourself. :lol:

Matt has some darn good boat designs , they are fun to make and even more fun to paddle.

Chuck.

Boomhauer

Jul 20, 2006
Victoria BC
oldsparkey said:
Broom , ya better get ready after you make that one to make one for yourself. :lol:

Matt has some darn good boat designs , they are fun to make and even more fun to paddle.

Chuck.

Way ahead of ya.. (and myself) Depending on how this one goes, I might try to modify the plans to make 16' x 22"ish... for me :p

JEM

Boomhauer said:
oldsparkey said:

Chuck.

Way ahead of ya.. (and myself) Depending on how this one goes, I might try to modify the plans to make 16' x 22"ish... for me :p

Just give a holler when that time comes!

Boomhauer

Jul 20, 2006
Victoria BC
8) I will

On a side note...
Some friends of mine are thinking of building the 7 footer for their daughter.
Is that one available? The kid is only six so they probably wont build for a year or so...