Oldyaker is Hospitalized !!!!!!!! | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Oldyaker is Hospitalized !!!!!!!!

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Good news that Miz Bear is on the mend. It was a smart (lawyer like even) move to tell her 'bout the opps while she was still groggy! If she remembers later you can say it might have been a bad dream.

Keep mendin' Jimmy. We want more recipes fer hot stuff.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
One step forward......Two steps back, :( Doc says if there ain't any improvement in 24 hours.....back to the hospital. He says I'm borderline and need to keep in touch with him. He changed medication today. I thought I was getting better other than I can't breathe. :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
One step forward......Two steps back, :( Doc says if there ain't any improvement in 24 hours.....back to the hospital. He says I'm borderline and need to keep in touch with him. He changed medication today. I thought I was getting better other than I can't breathe. :roll:

Yak... I don't want to the bearer of bad news but when you think about it breathing is a necessary action for being able to be around for a while. Heck it ranks right up there over eating :shock: , yep thought you did not know that but ... really is is in the #1 category. Eating would be down somewhere in the #2 section.

Listing to bear when out camping is in the # 10,048 section which requires a few hearing aids turned up to max and with luck you only get 10% of what is said. But it is fun to watch the grass growing rapidly around where he is. :lol:

Get well , back to your normal self , OK.. almost well. "O"ooop's that is a mental state and not breathing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuckles.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
My ailin' pal oldyaker,

Aint it great how the U.S. Navy trained the High Sheriff ta know so much. It iz a wonder hiz head dont blow up. Next time the directors of the Shade Tree Medikle Clinic meet I figger I will ask 'em ta give him the privilege ta tell folks he iz on staff....probation til we see how many folks git better after doin' whatever he comes up with.

If it aint askin' too much, keep an eye out fer a nurse/gymnast if they put ya back in the hospital. But the way 2008 haz been, we mite need more'n jest a nurse next year. We need a doctor with a ole black leather bag fulla house call stuff. We mite need a a shockerator in case somebody's pumperator goes on the fritz? Some long tongs in case somebody gits a chunk of steak stuck in the throat 'n mebbe some radioactive stuff in case somebody needs a low down GI....mebbe some barium? Kin ya burn that stuff in a campfire? :mrgreen:

I bet a heap a doctors been readin' all this 'n jest keep quiet.....cuz they dont wanna spend a paddlin' trip tendin' ta a bunch a ole men who caint even pee across the river no more. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Reckon seedtick iz really a doctor....jest dont wanna let on? Hiz friend Keith looks like a rocket science fella, jest enjoyin' hiz free time pullin' ole wood outta the swamps? Mebbe we shoulda jest kept quiet bout all the ailments?

Git yer ass well.....'n the rest of ya too. If ya dont git well quick, we mite send the High Sheriff up north ta put some treatments on ya. Wait.....lemme see....it takes him 3 days ta drive 400 miles 'n Pittsburgh iz bout a thousand miles, so......well, he caint come 'er the St. Mary trip iz off....he caint make it back in time. Too bad hiz flux capacitor dont work good these days.

regards
bearridge

Remember, FDA employees are serious about fear. We pay these people to panic about an iota of rodent hair in our chili, even when the recipe calls for it. FDA employees are first-class agonizers, world champions at losing sleep. When Meryl Streep got hysterical about Alar, they actually checked the apples instead of Meryl's head. P. J. O'Rourke

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I know I ain't gone down the St. Mary's.........but I'm making a list like I was gone along. Maybe I can use the list next time.

Heal'n takes time, and ya need things to do while yer wait'n out that time. :?

Take pictures.......Take a William Bendix effigy......and some Dago Red. :wink:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Thanks Jack.....Doc says I might live if I behave........I told him I don't want to go on than. :roll:

Don't worry.....I'll be a pain in your ass and cigar box once again some day! :wink:

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Now ain't we a pair, I can't drive either but hope to get the wife to take me somewhere I can ride one of them motorized carts and run over people in the aisles. Just had my testicles reinforced and won't be lifting anything for a few weeks. I'll have to start looking at my meds and see if I got anything good like you. Get well!! :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
As someone might notice ... I cleaned this post up ( almost ) from the CRAP that was on there and snide remarks. :p
Some things are not to be joked about since it is quite a painful process someone has gone threw and sure as H#ll does not to be joked about ... especially ... on here.

This is not a chat channel where anything goes , we are adults and accordingly educated and are suppose to act that way , especially since this is for the whole family to enjoy.

You want to be a fool and pick on a so called brother then use E-Mail , we did not adopt you or them into any club. :)

On here you are just one of us , no affiliations to or with nothing except to offer suggestions on building boats or for camping comfort along with good eats , you know like in camping , boat building and the outdoors.

We are a wide open family forum for the whole family and want to keep it that way for anyone , like it was intended to be from the start.

This includes caring about each other and helping where it is necessary , either on here or any other way you are able to do it.

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
How do I surrender?

Boys....I wanna give up......surrender......toss in the towel.....I'm tired of fighting and losing.

After 2 1/2 weeks of me being sick and a nice hospital stay with all the excellent care and chow......Today Miz Yak was admitted to the hospital. :(

She has had a cough since about Thanksgiving, I told her today it sounded worse, She said even her chest hurt from coughing. We went to emergency care to have it looked at and maybe get a prescription. Well to make a long story short they gave her an EKG and showed that at some point she had a heart attack! Not today or maybe even last week....no one can tell. Next thing we know she is in the hospital. More x-rays and EKG's and more tests tomorrow. :roll: :?

Don't know if I'll make it to 1201 AM Jan1st 2009 to start over......It might as well be a century away......It's been a long day......NO! It's been a long year........Maybe even a long 6+ decades. :roll:

What was that song from the old Hee Haw show?

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt
And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts
'Cause we had heard for years how she was so well reared
How was we to know they meant the way she was built

Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me :roll:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Well, git them tests done. Then we gotta see what them doctors got ta allow. Tell Miz Pat we love her 'n not ta worry. Up ta the Shade Tree Medikle Clinic we handle cases like this all the dang time. Take 8 oz. of Dago Red, git some sleep 'n we will see how the sun shines tomorrow.

with great care 'n concern
bearridge 'n Miz Bear

ps Tell them big city doctors our group will be lookin' over their shoulder so they better not be paddin' them bills. Keep yer towel.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yak...

Don't toss the towel in , keep fighting and you will win. When you see Pat give her all of our best if your would.

They have located the problem , so it will/can be fixed. Everything from there out will be better. :D

Sounds to me like you guy's need to be living in Georgia and not up there in the land of problems.

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Thanks Fellows for your concern.....I believe most of us here have beat back one thing or another this past year, at least those who are into their second half century......none more so than pops.I sure hope he is doing better.

I feel better after a shower and that magic elixer,,,Dago Red. It's true, yesterday has come and went....tomorrow ain't here and there is always a chance it won't......So enjoy today and make the best you can of it.

Your right Chuck.....Some Georgia would do us good right abut now. I sure hope that dream comes true... Too many loose ends here right now.

Never pass up a chance to paddle if you can do it....There may come a day when ya can't...

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Yak
You take care of things at the house let us do the worryin fer ya. And all of us will help with the Prayin. Take care you and Ms Yak are in our prayers for your speedy recovery.
Joe & Val

Paddlin'Gator

Feb 2, 2008
Tequesta, FL
We sure hope Pat will be back on track real soon. She has too many responsibilities to be spending much time with the docs. After all, who else is gonna keep you in line?

Sometimes those EKGs tell tales. When my mother was in her early eighties an EKG indicated she had had a heart attack at some time in the past. She lived to see 93 and even then her heart was OK, just worn out.

Give Pat a hug for us.

Joe

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Fella's...Thanks for your prayers and concern. We just got home a little while ago and I don't know a whole lot. She may or may not have had a mild heart attack. She had testing done and they decided to send her home since she is no immediate danger. She will have follow up visits with her Doctor. She is crashed on the couch, hospitals ain't for resting that's for sure. After the past few weeks I have had enough of them to last a very long time.

Again...Thanks for all your support...it means a lot.

C'mon 09.....Get here already before something else goes wrong on 08. :cry: