Oldyaker is Hospitalized !!!!!!!! | Page 4 | SouthernPaddler.com

Oldyaker is Hospitalized !!!!!!!!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jezze ... I like hospitals when they are not waking you up to give you a sleeping pill or someone is coming in to get your blood. That seams like every 15 minutes or less. A person can get some rest , sort of. :lol:

Then the chow ( what I look forward to all the time ) is delivered on schedule unless you are on the no eat or drink list which they love to put me on. So far my record stands at three days without anying to eat or drink , just a dam tube into my arm and you can't taste that. The sauce they injected into that tube now and then was something really good. Even better then the Dago Red Whine. :wink:

Yes Sir they are my favorite place when there is no where else to go , they do have some really good stuff there. :lol:

Chuck

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have been thinking about this..... If you have not been in one of those motels for a while let me give you a clue on some things. Just a few things I have gone threw up to this date. :lol:

1. They will deliver the chow right after they put you on the no eat list , so they bring it in your room and say ... Oops you are not scheduled for this.

2. The pink lady will fill your pitcher with ice and water and then remove it from your room because you are on the no drink list.

3. The local vampire will come in and draw blood from anyplace she or he can get some since the Hospitals Doc told her to do it to check your white blood count , especially after surgery. Plus they give you 50 gallons of antibiotics to prevent any infection.

4. #3 caused me to have a hissy fit , you have surgery and your white blood count is going to up to combat the injury or in this case the surgery.

5. The Hospital doc knows this so he orders it as a profit maker for them and a pain in any part of your body they take the blood from.

6. That # 3 ,#4, # 5, caused me some problems so when the vampire came back to poke me again we went round and round and she left without using any needles. The good old doc for the money mongers came and and asked me what the problem was... Basically this is a family forum so I can't say what I told him but it boils down to any dang fool with three marbles in there head knows after surgery ( especial heart work) the white blood count will go up due to the injury.

We hit an understanding or should I say he understood where I stood.

7. Then the final kicker , guess he had to try one more time. The vampire came in the room and was going to draw blood because I had been released... No Way , I'm Released ... You can't leave till I get the blood sample.... OK..Fine , Yours or mine... WHAT... Try taking mine and yours will be all over this room.... I'm getting the head nurse ... fine call the marines while you are at it , all of you will lose the battle.

8. Then they come up with the clincher... Dr. Hindu ( the hospitals doc who has not done a dam thing except try to create a larger profit for them ) will not release you till we get the blood sample... Tell Dr.Hindu to ^&%#@* Kiss my arse , My Cardiologist and surgeon ( who admitted me ) has released me and that is all the counts in my book.

Never got stuck and I walked out of there. :D I have been in every hospital ( we have 4 of them) here in the Orlando area , most of them more then one time , plus the one in Sanford twice . After going threw all of them , I did learn a thing or two about how they work or do things.

It is fun being a heart patient with all sorts of electronics in you.

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Guess I need to check the posts more often to see what's going on. Glad they let Pat out of the Hospital and hope her doctors say something good. Take good care of that sweet lady (and of course yourself). We're thinking of you both and sending only well wishes your way. Stay tough and we'll hold you a slot down here in the South for when you're ready!