Overnight on Lake Verret | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Overnight on Lake Verret

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
gbinga said:
Grits is just hominy, ground up. It's too good for Yankees. They should stick to cream of wheat. :) George

Somehow, when you grind good hominy into grits, the flavor is ground away. You guys below the M-D are welcome to my share. I will stick to cream of wheat, thankyou.

Jon (how did this thread get from 'Overnight on Lake Verret" to grits?)

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
Re: Overnight on Lake Verret-hijacked(again)

gbinga said:
Hmmm... Seems like a lot of our threads end up on grits. And Vienna sausages.
A peculiar phenominon.GBinGA

But I LIKE Vienna Sausage!!! However I don't eat them often (Grandma really gets on my case). Ever read the nutrition facts on the back? It's scary :shock: . And who gets 2.5 servings from that little can :?: . So, ya gotta multiply them scary #'s by 2.5 and then be really terrified :( .

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
Re: Overnight on Lake Verret-hijacked(again)

grandpa paddler said:
...So, ya gotta multiply them scary #'s by 2.5 and then be really terrified :( .

Because what sort of person could open a can of Viennas and then only eat part of it, right? Like when I cook a frozen pizza and my wife ain't around to help me eat it. It seems such a shame to put part of it in the 'fridge...

OK... I guess this thread is thoroughly hijacked at this point. I don't know if Chuck is going to ban us or just track us down and shoot us.

George

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
What has happened to my thread??!!!! :shock: This has gone on so long, it's gonna go right on into my next trip to Lake Verret this weekend. :) . And , yes, I too will bring Viennas along. I've found that paddling , fishing , and camping works up an appetite that Viennas satisfy very well.

Joey

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Steve said:
AW 'ELL, Joey. . . Jus' throw some o' momma's red nail polish on them things and let them cats feast. . . Cats is a whole lot better'n the vienies. . . . .

Yeah, I guess you're right , Steve. I could part with a couple of em to maybe get one of them ole long-wiskers in the skillet.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
jdupre' said:
Yeah, I guess you're right , Steve. I could part with a couple of em to maybe get one of them ole long-whiskers in the skillet.
'Tiz but a small sacrifice, to lose a chunk of snotty, icky goo, in exchange for a firm-fleshed fish. And, best of all, it saves the life of an angle worm. (Who, by the way, supplies better meat than viennie snausages.)