Rip-Roaring Rendezvous Report 2010 | Page 4 | SouthernPaddler.com

Rip-Roaring Rendezvous Report 2010

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
I planned ahead and took a short nap in jdupre's hammock when the other guys were digesting lunch and had the cameras put away. With just a little care you can pull the cover over the top and make (spy) photos more difficult to obtain, too. piper

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Piper you are something. :D

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Joey has an extension cord plugged into his hammock; you can see it partly coiled, there on the ground. He has a swinging pendulum rigged underneath that rocks his hammock so he can sleep easily. Next year, he promised a Victrola rig to provide soothing music too.

This guy is a regular Thomas Alva Adduson when it comes to inventions n such. :wink:

islandpiper

Rendezvous will be better if Piper can put up a gate and keep the fat, gray haired bums from wandering up the driveway looking for a hand out.......and playing fiddles (sort of)

Wannabe, you are on my list buddy.....and i don't mean the Christmas list.

Russ, i can attest that the salsa does last a week. I put away some leftovers and found them today and, hard as it is to believe, IT'S BETTER THEN LAST WEEK. Yummy good stuff.

piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
After Piper San's violin solo, three neighborhood gals came strolling over, entranced by the romantical music. I may take fiddle lessons; I've never seen gals get so enthralled and giddy before, and so quickly. Neat trick!

Unlike the bagpipe, his violin playing is hypnotizing; I noticed several guys dozing off. One or two scratched at their ears, like as if a stray bug had flown in, or something. Wannabe was dancing in the yard, like that old hillbilly did in Deliverance. He just kept saying, over and over, "Yer crazier'n he-ell, boyyy!" :wink:

islandpiper

There are lots of little details to the Rendezvous both before and after. I tied up one more of them yesterday when i bought a bundle of flowers and delivered them with the multi-autographed THANK YOU note to the "After The Bell" child care place. The ladies who run it were happy to get the flowers and overjoyed that we were so busy and able to use their parking lot. They both drove by during the day to see if we were busy and both commented on THE BEAUTIFUL BOATS IN MY FRONT YARD. But, they never thought of simply stopping in for lunch......I told them that next year, they should consider themselves a part of this and come for lunch anyway. Mixed in with a bunch of geezers, they would raise the "attractiveness quotient" of the group by about 31%.

piper

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
My final thoughts on the GREAT Ren-dez-vouis 2010

Since returning to the homestead, I have been thinking now and then about the get together. Just what made it such a nice experience?. Certainly it wasn’t the trip to and from. Although the food was good, that didn’t make it a Great gathering. The boats were awesome but, not the end all. Just what was it ?.

I’ll tell y’all since I have finally figured it out.

What made it so good is the fact that now, when I read a post from someone who was there, I can literally see them talking rather than reading something they posted. I know Piper,Joey Jack and the others that were there. To me, that is what made it a GREAT get together. People are no longer faceless words. They are real.

I only wish that everyone who posts here could have been there.

I may even make it next year just to finish my nap.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
That is the beauty of the Rendezvous and even the paddling trips we set up , you are able to put a living , breathing person with there name on here. :D

I'm sorry I could not be there this year since there were a lot of new faces , that will be corrected for the next one.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
OK, Chuck. I got the message. LISTEN UP EVERYBODY, NO NEW FACES....JUST WEAR YOUR OLD FACES NEXT YEAR.

(That's what you ment, right??)

piper

OK , I get the message ...... I will stay here and see all of the Great Southern Folks when I go out on a personal trip. You know , No one north of the Carolina's. :wink:

islandpiper

chuckmeister, I was not picking at you, just got a kick out of the comment about old and new faces. In my case, my old face the one i am using now, is scarred and wrinkled. Some years ago, when it was a newer face the fatigues of business and care had not plowed the furrows we see now.

Heck, you come over next year, and wear any face you want. OK? We'll just look for the happy guy in the yellow jeep and figure that it's you!

As for North or South, well, just wait a while Chuck and all those guys from the North will move here. (just like i did when i finally wised up after 54-winters in Snow Country)

piper