Rip-Roaring Rendezvous Report 2010 | Page 5 | SouthernPaddler.com

Rip-Roaring Rendezvous Report 2010

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Dang :evil: Dang :evil: Double Dang :evil: :evil:
I just tried to put a bunch of pictures and comments on here and it all just kinda dissapeared on me. Sorry Guys. I'll try later.
Bob

graybeard

Dec 24, 2009
Between keyboard and chair
Kayak Jack said:
In any organization or and human endeavor, the key ingredient is the people. Unless, of course, ladies are present.

SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) insists that ladies are people too. Or maybe that ladies are the only people, and men were badly domesticated.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Well, let's give this another shot. I think that i'v got shots of everybody except Wannabe. His handsome face and Charles Atlas sculpted body was behind the camera. If any of the rest of you want to see the unearthly splendor of Wannabe you will have to come to the next get to gather. :shock: :?
After the hard AM rain water was pooling under the carport so Jack got a shovel and cut a little ditch to drain the water. Watching his work with that shovel would of made you think that Jack had been pulling water in ricefields all his life. he is resting here.

IMG_0029.jpg

Diane has her broom helping the water down Jacks ditch.
IMG_0028.jpg

This string of pictures iss all about boat building and boat science.
IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

I think I got most of the pictures on here. Piper, if I missed any please put them up.
Bob

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Chuck,
Maby you can clean that garbage up. Hove no idea how I did (or didn't) do that. Once upon a time I would not mess with anything smarter than I was, but you can't play with rocks your whole life. :eek:
Bob
PS. I would really like to know how I got pictures on top of words.

( Done... Chuck. :D )

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Good job, Wannabe. I really would like a picture of you. Whilst we were on our trip through Louisiana Rendezvous and surrounding environs, a teensy weensy mousey-type critter moved in to my basement. If I could set up your picture down there, I'm sure he'd move straight out. :wink: Thank you in advance.

I already tried Lonesome Gerry's likeness, and even Baldy Cypress. Mr. Mousey only hunkered down and held up a partly mangled forepaw to me. Poor thing couldn't even straighten out all his little toes on the one foot he held up.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Greatly appreciated. And, don't worry, I'll hide it if the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals ever visits. :wink:

Keith Felder did send me some photos, including one of you. Just to balance it out, probably so the packet would clear customs inspection, etc., he included one of me too. Strictly for balance, I'm sure.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Kayak Jack said:
Greatly appreciated. And, don't worry, I'll hide it if the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals ever visits. :wink:

Keith Felder did send me some photos, including one of you. Just to balance it out, probably so the packet would clear customs inspection, etc., he included one of me too. Strictly for balance, I'm sure.

Dang Man, Thought I ducked em all. :(

Chuck,
Thanks you are a genius, but not all that good looking. Thanks a bunch for straightening out my boo boos. :D
Bob

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Heck , shucks , blushing here..... As we say ... Even a Blind Hog will find an acorn now and then .[/quote]

Now, just what do acorns taste like. Gay thinks you are a computer Guru. :D
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Wannabe said:
Now, just what do acorns taste like. :D
Bob

Never have had them ( that I know of ) The native Americans used them as flour for there breads. If you want to try them here is how you do it. We could have a loaf of bread from them at the next Rendezvous.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5281614_leach-t ... iling.html

Chuck.
I think I should of posted this in the Recipe section. :wink: