something different | Page 9 | SouthernPaddler.com

something different

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
Gee you guys are still backwards with no child labor laws. :lol: But if those kids were around me, there would be no work at all taking place. I am a sucker for those types of smiles and truely what is really important in life these days, spending time with the offspring of the offspring. God knew what he was doing when he created the Earth and two unlike species to bring unlimited joy to the Earth.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Oyster said:
...I am a sucker for those types of smiles and truly what is really important in life these days, spending time with the offspring of the offspring. ...
There is nothing more precious than children. And, the next most precious thing is our way of Life to raise them.

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
Well since these guys are stingy with their updates, I found another guy down that way with some varnish on their boat thats been found by Roger Stouff and posted on another site that I normally would not share the link with on any other site, but this is too pretty not to share while awaiting for Seetick to float his boat.

http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthr ... ost2307940

A tease..
marcotte2.jpg

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
thanks mike

bob. it's a gristmill
powered by an animal that turns the big carousel. There's a belt (not there) that goes around the top perimeter of the wheel and drives an axle that rotates the grinding stones. The mill is located in the small building that is off the ground in the back

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Nice job on the boat, guys. I'm sure y'all are kinda burnt out on the "varnish -sand-varnish-sand-varnish ..." thing. Beautiful curves on the bow.

I recognize the Rural Life Museum. I was really amazed the first time I went there and saw how big the complex is - right there in the city limits.

Joey