Tech Force 35 pistol | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Tech Force 35 pistol

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
If you are looking for a boat pistol I would recommend the Browning Buckmaster in .22 long rifle or the Crosman Co2 pistol in .22 cal pellet. I have had the gas valve modified on my Crosman. I only get 15 shot per Co2 cylinder but they have the power close to a .22 long rifle cartridge. Here is a picture of my custom Crosman. :mrgreen:
2300.jpg

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
tx river rat said:
Wild
Tell us more about that gun.
Ron

Ron, the gun is a Crosman Custom Shop built Co2 single shot pistol in .22 caliber lead pellet designed just the way I wanted it. It is a single shot bolt action Co2 pistol. The valve was made by Crooked Barn Air Guns and is a high power Boss valve that gives you high velocity in a Co2 pellet pistol. The downside is since you use more gas per shot you get less shots but the power is awesome. The barrel has a compensator to keep muzzle jump from the gas to a minimum. The grips were ordered custom made and the sight is a red dot sight. You can drop squirrels and bunnies with this gun no problem and the accuracy is outstanding. The laser engraving was done by Crosman. You can design your own at the Crosman custom shop link below any way you want it. Go design a few and it will give you the total cost, you don’t order until or if you are ready. The other link tells you about the Boss valve systems.

http://www.crosman.com/custom_store/1/step1

http://www.crookedbarn.com/airgun_books1.htm

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
You may want to take a look at the Benjamin pump .22 caliber pellet pistol. It has more power when pumped fully than the springer and the power can be adjusted by the number of pumps. JMHO

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
wilded said:
You may want to take a look at the Benjamin pump .22 caliber pellet pistol. It has more power when pumped fully than the springer and the power can be adjusted by the number of pumps. JMHO

I have had one of those since the 50's and it is one dam good pellet pistol. I get the moles ( gophers ) in the back yard , open up there tunnel and sit there till they stick there head up to close it ..... BAM.... Problem corrected. 8 pumps sure does the trick. :D

Chuck.

islandpiper

Ok Ron, I'll (sort of) take you up on that. A couple years ago I bought your TechForce 35's dumber brother. It is a .177, springer, from Toolsnow.com. It cost me a whole $19.95, and i bought three of them to share with a couple buddies. Read THE WHOLE REVIEW.......ok?

From the front: the front sight is sharp and may hook you if you don't look out. But, it is solid and won't bend. The barrel is good, solid stock, looks nice inside and out. The cocking, springing, air reservoir, etc seem good. After a couple thousand shots it still shoots like day one. Still diesels even if it should not. The rear sight is sort of chintzy. The wood handle/stock is cheaply made (no surprises so far). Sounds like a dog? Not really.

This pistol SHOOTS, hard and fast. I don't care about the sights, might take them off. I use it for POINT AND SHOOT, from the hip. Easy, fast, and affordable P & S practice. I might make a new wood grip/stock from scratch and make it look nicer, but it will still shoot the same, that is, GOOD.

Am I disappointed in my investment? NO. Would I replace it for the same twenty bucks? you bet. Would I like one like Ron has ordered? Yup, no question about it. If the higher price pistol is made better then it will be a great little addition to the pellet gun rack.

Here's some pics:

DSCF0418.jpg

DSCF0419.jpg

DSCF0420.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

DSCF0422.jpg

DSCF0423.jpg

DSCF0424.jpg

DSCF0425.jpg

DSCF0426.jpg

DSCF0426.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

by the way, this pistol if filthy dirty, sits on the back bench at the violin shop and shoots cans off the drill press table when it gets boring here, so it is full of sawdust, etc. piper

islandpiper

Jack, yes it is sort of a zip-gun, but it's also the most fun 20-bucks i've ever spent i think. I've looked at the pics of the TF 35 that Ron has ordered and the quality looks way better, perhaps even better than the increase in cost, so it could be a helluva good pistol for the money. If they were not out of stock i'd be tempted to order one, too.

piper

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I like to carry one in the yak for critter and just to mess with ,the things that impressed me about the 35 was it has a fixed barrel, one reason I dislike most auto pistols, a safety,
and looks like the rear sight is much better.
I will get it eventually.
Ron

islandpiper

I like the swing-out pellet holder. I have an underlever .177 rifle, otherwise called a BEAR TRAP action. rule number one is: THOU SHALT HOLD THE LEVER WITH ONE HAND WHILE PLACING THE PELLET IN THE BREECH WITH THE OTHER, lest thou leave a finger in the breech. ouch.

One fellow i heard about made a little block on a string to drop into the breech while loading, then pulled it out . Another fellow shortened up an allen wrench to put the pellet in. I like that idea. (never put your fingers anyplace you wouldn't put your pecker).

piper