Texas piroque | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Texas piroque

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Roger - resuming fire from this station.

"With 5 rounds lock and load! Ready, Aim! .. .. (duck, cctyer) FIRE!

mutter mutter damn! that sneaky Arkansan snuck away in the pucker bush. Piper San, he's coming your way. Get'im!

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Well a little more done on the perow
Tumblehomes are on
IM001358.jpg

stiched and glued
IM001362.jpg

I started fitting front deck
IM001359.jpg

a couple more views
IM001360.jpg

another
IM001361.jpg

I like the way it is turning out so far

Chuck have you ever ate the gar balls grind the meat add garlic bell pepper little hot sauce and deep fry like hush puppies
MMMMMMMMM that's good
Ron

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
The boat looks gereat Ron! I can't wait to hear how it paddles and if you can stand and shoot an arrow over the bow!

Chuck, Im still smiling over here :D ...........Like a possom eatin dookie. But I'm still smiling non the less. :lol:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chad
I use to shoot out of a 36 inch freighter canoe and it was rounded pretty good so I think I can out of this boat
A little trick we used in bass boats might work for you if water was really rough we used a pedestal seat, kept you in center and some thing to balance against.
I am liking the boats looks more and more we will see how it preforms.
Ron

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Did some one say it was legal to shoot catfish in texas. :? :( This cat better swim away. :lol:

Ct sure ron can shoot his bow out of his boat . He may maybe like sparky was after the fact & swiming to the bank. :wink:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Catfish
yea they just legilized it this year
But not to worry for every one you shoot you can take a hundred with a rod and reel.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Wannabe said:
Hey Ron,
What do you catch in your live trap ?
Bob

The way he has it set up out side of the shop , I would say some critter that likes sawdust. :lol:

I have a recipe (Justin Wilson's) for the gar balls but have never made any. Justin said that " the 1st batch he made Ooh Boy' Dey was so hard , nobody would eat 'em! Not even the dogs would touch 'em! But dey did make good golf balls, I garontee!"

Grind one onion for the roux and set aside
2 cups flour , 1 cup oil , 2 onions chopped , 1 potato , 1 can tomato sauce , 1/2 cup catsup ,4 eggs beaten , 1 bell pepper , 6 cups ground garfish ,1 red pepper ,salt an pepper to taste , onion tops , parsley.

Grind the fish , one onion , potato ,and red pepper , Mix well and add the eggs and salt an pepper.
Form into balls, Fry the balls until brown.

Make a roux with the flour and olive oil, add water , tomato sauce , catsup ,and bell pepper , Let simmer for one hour. Add fish balls, onion tops , ground onion and parsley and cook for 1 hour, serve hot.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Hate to disappoint you
But its a dog kennel
I sold my shop and and put lot of stuff in storage till I can get moved and
a new shop built so there is no telling what might show up in this garage.
This is one reason have been working on boats so hard once I start moving it will be a while before I can get back to it.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Little more done
Have the filet's run on the rest of the tumble homes dang I had rather be sanding than doing the outside hull
IM001364.jpg

Started running the combing
IM001365.jpg

a look from another angle
IM001363.jpg

dats all folks
for today anyway
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack the pic is realy sort of misleading
The sides are 11 inches including the tumble homes thats at center line
but it should help in the wind.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
perow is coming along
outsides glassed , glassing inside now with just tape on seams and saturating floor and sides , decks are on , waiting on hatch covers for front and back closed in areas
Later
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Here we go again
I had to take a few days off but am back working on the hot air perow
finished the combing
IM001370.jpg

i got to thinking about carrying rods and other play pretties so I decided to build some cubby holes on each side
IM001372.jpg

they
also brace the sides and should keep me centered if I am standing. Got on both decks everything sanded out
IM001369.jpg

all holes filled and sanded There is going to be a lot of room in this boat
IM001371.jpg

start glassing the top tomorrow I hope its ready for the water this weekend
Ron

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Rat, I like the looks of that. Thoughts here.

Cubby holes will need drains on case water gets splashed in there.

You can make a nice map compartment by first running two pieces of thin plywood vertically down from your gunnels. These could be about 1"-2" wide, about 18"-24" apart, glued top & bottom, and drilled every 3" or so. Then you string light weight bungee (or nylon cord) from one to the other. Slip in maps etc. in behind them. This should be within easy reach of your seat.

You can hang rods or paddles from the areas there if you have several strips of hook & loop tape (velcro) screwed into the gunnel, and hanging down. Lengths from, say 6" to 12", according to what yu plan to store there. Lay a rod or paddle in one, fasten the strip up to the mating surface. Fasten other straps up to fully support the rod or paddle.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya Ron,

Some real good ideas here mate. I like your storage compartments each side. I reckon hey will strengthen the heck out of your boat too.

That real strong tumblehome panel looks the goods to me too.

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Ron She's looking good. It's kida like a Tumblehomed-pirogue-yak-anoe. :lol: Coming together nicely and I know you can't wait to wet test. Niether can I. Are you going to start the freedom 11's after?