Moonshine Grape Wine Recipe | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Moonshine Grape Wine Recipe

A

Anonymous

draino said:
I've escalated the brewing and am currently doing 2-3 gallon bottles.

Now dont none you little pardners try that. It likely took Draino years a hard trainin' ta drink that much. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

( Bear , I am having a really BAD time trying to find something to say about this that will not get a lot of folks (YOU) looking for my scalp.......Yes and I am just as guilty.. :lol: .. Chuck.

YESssssssssssssssssssss .... That one St.Marys River Run.........
)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
draino

If mine comes out as good all of the rest done by you guy's then ............ Look out I have two ... that is Two 5 gallon glass jugs in the work shop just looking for some use.
Use to brew beer in one and root beer in the other ..... one was for the kids and the other for me ... ya figure out which was for who. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YEP ............ I just love root beer over vanilla ice cream....... Black Cow's anyone. :roll:

Chuck.

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
Thinkin back bout 30 years ago, my Dad made some wine in the pantry. I never got to have a taste of it, but like you he also made rootbeer. It was kind of flat. Up here we have "boston coolers" Icecream and Vernors(ginger ale) in a beer mug. Drink quickly as the foam overflows the mug.

One batch in the three gallon is 6 cans of Welches White Niagra grape and 5 lbs. of sugar. Sitting next to it and 3 weeks behind in fermentation is Welches Concord. I'm hoping the white will be ready for the Super Bowl.

I now find myself watching the salepapers for grape juice and sugar sales.

Later,, Duane

A

Anonymous

Friend Duane,

Now fer the main question. What kinda food tastes good with it?

Grits? :wink:

regards,

bearridge
bodine culinary institute

Butch Cassidy: Then you jump first.
Sundance Kid: No, I said.
Butch Cassidy: What's the matter with you?
Sundance Kid: I can't swim.
Butch Cassidy: Why you crazy.............the fall will probably kill you.

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Be careful...

This stuff will knock you on your arse..so be careful :wink:
I have a two year plus bottle I gave to my mom and we haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a special occasion. :roll:
Kahuna
l
bearridge said:
Friend Duane,

Now fer the main question. What kinda food tastes good with it?

Grits? :wink:

regards,

bearridge
bodine culinary institute

Butch Cassidy: Then you jump first.
Sundance Kid: No, I said.
Butch Cassidy: What's the matter with you?
Sundance Kid: I can't swim.
Butch Cassidy: Why you crazy.............the fall will probably kill you.

A

Anonymous

Friend Kahuna,

I like wine, but I like ta know what ta eat with it. A good meal 'n a glass of wine iz a fine treat, particularly with Mexican 'n Italian food.

Of course, I like buttermilk too, but mostly with crackers 'n chili.

regards,

bearridge

Gus: Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things.
Lori: Yeah. Like what?
Gus: Well like a good sip a whiskey every evening, or a soft bed to sleep in, or a warm glass of buttermilk, or...or like a feisty ole gentleman like myself.

A

Anonymous

So far I've made some red and some white/blush.

I cooked some venison (backstraps) with some garlic and butter. I deglased the pan with a little homemade red wine and butter. A few drops of lemon juice.

My side dish was polenta, put everything on the plate and spooned a little of the sauce over it all BAM.

I've been secretly cooking polenta behind ya'lls back fer bout the last 6 months, but I still havnt had it fer breakfast yet.

Stupid weather, Its supposed to be winter ,ya know cold, Ice fishing,spearing , snowmobiling..

Draino

forgot to log on

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Duane said:
So far I've made some red and some white/blush.

I cooked some venison (backstraps) with some garlic and butter. I deglased the pan with a little homemade red wine and butter. A few drops of lemon juice. My side dish was polenta, put everything on the plate and spooned a little of the sauce over it all BAM.
I've been secretly cooking polenta behind ya'lls back fer bout the last 6 months, but I still havnt had it fer breakfast yet.
Draino

MMMMMMMM!(Insert mouth watering emocion here)!
I've been eating polenta since I was a pup, never ate it for breakfast either. Granny always put Italian sauce over it with mushrooms. I like it with olive oil, Italian seasoning and grilled portabella mushrooms.
If you make a pan sometime, let it cool and get firm in the fridge, than grill a slice next to your mushrooms, drizzle some olive oil over it with seasoning and put your mushrooms over top. Goes well with grilled vege's too, zucchini, red bell peppers, fresh 'maters, onion and garlic.......
Have to stop, drool is running over keyboard...

PS: At one time polenta was considered a peasant food, a few years ago, I took the wife to a fancy Italian Resturant to celebrate our 30th, a polenta appetizer was 7 bucks! I could feed a platoon with polenta if I cooked it myself at home.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kerosene and gritz ....... some fine eating.
The kerosene goes in the lamp and the gritz go on the plate, anyway that is how we do it down here. Now if ya have a side dish of fried catfish or gator and greens that just makes it better.

Nut's use the gator chunks as a horse -d- over. The ones from a road kill gator is called gator chips since they is already flatten.

The proper wine ....... What ever ya have on hand. :D

Chuck.

PALADIN

Jun 23, 2004
North Miami Beach, Fl
Well I gota tell ya I had my doubts about this but I went ahead and followed the reciepe and it bubbled for 6 days (used a balloon) and then stoped. Racked it drank a couple of cups and holy cow it was potent!!

Is this normal for a 6 day ferment??

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Drunker than a Skunk...

Yep...and it will also give you a great HANGOVER :!:
KAHUNA
PALADIN said:
Well I gota tell ya I had my doubts about this but I went ahead and followed the reciepe and it bubbled for 6 days (used a balloon) and then stoped. Racked it drank a couple of cups and holy cow it was potent!!

Is this normal for a 6 day ferment??

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
Too funny eh? I was sampling my latest last night made with welches white niagra grape, It fermented for three weeks and has now stopped.
It tastes like candy..

Later, Duane

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Draino, What would be the problem if I capped the gallon after the fermeting is done and left it in there instead of racking it off into smaller bottles? I know it needs filtered but I can do that when I use it.

PALADIN

Jun 23, 2004
North Miami Beach, Fl
oldyaker
that's what I did on my latest. When the bubbles stoped, capped it and into the fridge it went. When the mood to sip hits a coffee filter is all I need per cup.

Got another workin right now to keep up with the sippin !

And for me all that it has taken is a week to produce a gallon of super mojo.

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
OY, the site that Paladin found it ,right on the money.
Putting the jug in the fridge will stop any further fermentation.

I give my wine away as gifts and also share it with friends, Moving (racking) the wine from one jug to another will help it to clear up. Everytime you tip the jug for a cup of it ya mixup the sediment. It just looks better as a gift when its clearer.

Mike that site is great, I really liked it.

Duane

A

Anonymous

Duane and Mike, Or should I say Ernest and Julio?
If I would cut back on the sugar lets say by about 25%, would that have a drastic affect on fermentation? I would like to make it not quite as sweet. I just racked a gallon after a month in the gallon, taste good and the color is great but I wish it was not as sweet.