Robin's Laker | Page 6 | SouthernPaddler.com

Robin's Laker

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
R L

Since I thought that the "whole" boat was going to be painted, I am now suitably chastized.

BEAUTIFUL LOOKING BOAT

Now, we just need to see a pic of the smiling Miz Robin on the water. [The envy of all the plastic boaters around]

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Mick

Looking forward to pictures of the twins (boats) out on the water. we will be able to tell the difference between you and Robin ( Robin always looks better ) at a distance by the colors of the boats. :D

I have one question , why do you leave the back hatch open , not covered.

Chuck.

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
:lol: :lol: :lol: MR. Mick My hat is off to you. That is one beauty of a craft. Only one complaint from here: Val saw this one and has been watching your build posts. NOW SHE THINKS I HAVE ENOUGH TIME AT NIGHT I SHOULD BUILD ONE FOR HER. If you get time she likes light blue. I will say you have impressed her on the detail given to this one. Great job: I know cause she ain't easy too impress.
Good Job Mate.
Joe

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Thanks very much for all the very kind works guyI will attempt to answere them all shortly. I am in the middle of uploading piccies at the moment and this bloody vista pig will only let me up load them one at a time.

I was too nervous to sleep last night and after a big day on the water, am totally buggered. ROBIN LIKES HER BOAT!!!! :D :D :D

020640x480.jpg

Will post more after I have my poppy nap.

Will do a better report in trip reports. :D

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Mick,

Very nice, but I dont think the paddle works....the blades. How bout somethin' in peach 'er a soft orange? :wink:

regards
bearridge

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Plato

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Mick
Great job as always. And miss robin looks happy.
When the new wears off and Robin will let you in her boat paddle yours and hers and see if you think the extra width made any difference.
TRR
Ron

jheger

Nov 28, 2004
Weimar, TX
Mick:
Have you had a chance to weight it yet and see how she compares with your Laker? As usual, she looks great and I kinda like the color. It just grows on you. Thanks for all your help and postings.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Baldy wrote

[/quote]Since I thought that the "whole" boat was going to be painted, I am now suitably chastized.

BEAUTIFUL LOOKING BOAT

Now, we just need to see a pic of the smiling Miz Robin on the water. [The envy of all the plastic boaters around]
Thanks Baldy will attach some more at the bottom.

060640x480.jpg

047640x480.jpg

024640x480.jpg

023640x480.jpg

020640x480.jpg

030640x480.jpg

Chuck wrote

Mick

Looking forward to pictures of the twins (boats) out on the water. we will be able to tell the difference between you and Robin ( Robin always looks better ) at a distance by the colors of the boats.

I have one question , why do you leave the back hatch open , not covered.

Chuck, the little back hatch is a good fit for the plastic tubs in there. The tubs are real handy for carrying stuff we like to access while on the water and at the same time leave the cockpit uncluttered.

Dave Wrote

Mick , another beauty , looks great , when you going to start on the Okwata , this is the build I'm waiting with baited breath for . LOL

Thanks Dave,

Gonna have a break for a while. These Lakers are so good, I am not sure even if I will bother with the Okwata – at least for a while anyway

Joe wrote

MR. Mick My hat is off to you. That is one beauty of a craft. Only one complaint from here: Val saw this one and has been watching your build posts. NOW SHE THINKS I HAVE ENOUGH TIME AT NIGHT I SHOULD BUILD ONE FOR HER. If you get time she likes light blue. I will say you have impressed her on the detail given to this one. Great job: I know cause she ain't easy too impress.
Good Job Mate.
Joe

Thanks Joe, Tell the lovely Val I’ll be right over :D :D

Kieth wrote

Beautiful lady, beautiful smile........oh, nice boat too!! Great job Mick, we all look up to you, your tool skills, ability to start AND FINISH a job and general good attitude.

About Vista........well, get a Mac
Thanks Keith. Mate I am having enough trouble learning to use this bloody vista pig and it is at least a little like XP.

Bloody Mac would be even harder for me

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Thanks again guys,

While I haven't weighed her yet, Robins boat is significantly lighter than mine. I would guesstimate it at around 13 and a bit kgs or about 4 pounds lighter than mine. :D