Texas piroque | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Texas piroque

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Dagnabit Ron! You are one boat building machine! I bet you get her wet by this time next week. It sure is coming along great and like Kieth and Seedtick say By Hand and By Eye, just like the fore fathers of da pirogue did.
How high are those sideboards? It looks like she is gonna be real stable. especially with the tumblehome.

Great work!

Chad

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Yo Ron, No offense, But Do you have something against answering my posts :?: It just seems like whenever I post a question or comment on your build you ignore me and answer everyone else. Just asking, cuz I posted on your threads before and got little to no response. I'm not mad or anything just wondering what gives!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
cctyer said:
Do you have something against answering my posts :?: It just seems like whenever I post a question or comment on your build you ignore me and answer everyone else.
Friend Chad,

Look back at the time you posted. Ron posted one minute later. Ya'll were typin' at the same time. I done that myownself. Sometimes when that happens I dont even see the other fellas post.

regards
bearridge

ps I got a dollar sez he dont mean ta give offense.

Any idiot can face a crisis -- it's the day to day living that wears you out. Anton Chekhov

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Reckon we need a big hug? I had tears in my eyes cuz I wuz watchin' the CNN program on the Charlie Company soldiers who died on the Secret River in Iraq....ambushed.

I didnt do that when I wuz younger, but now it hurts.

regards
bearridge

Μολῲν λαβέ King Leonidas I of Sparta

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Cctyer
No man I just got around to getting back on here my grand kids walked in. I get to going on a project get a little tunnel vision sometimes but will always get back to you.
The sides are curved to take out the rocker 10 inches in middle 14 on bow and stern you can see the curve in them in pic where I was cutting them out. I wanted to build it similar to a standard peerow.
Now I have gone back cut the sides down to 6 inches and adding the tumble homes should be about 11 inches in middle, at widest point should
be 32 1/2 not sure how wide I will make cockpit right now still winging it
got the tumble homes just about on sort of resembles Micks south wind in a perow hull are the p 5 of Robins
Hope it floats :lol:
Ron
Might be a little senile but I try not to ignore anyone sorry about that
Well except Jack

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chad
I forgot one thing in above post I love to bowfish so this is one reason I built this boat for its stability hope I can stand and shoot ok. If I can't got one more little trick I am going to try on this boat.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack
They passed a new law in Texas this past year. You can shoot catfish as long as they are the legal limit so I might get skillet smoking bowfishing now.
Ron

Wimperdink

Feb 21, 2007
East TN in the Smokies
better tie some balloons to the ends of your bow if your shooting from a pirogue. :D I mastered using a bait caster standing up in a pirogue but i'm not sure I would want to sink a $300 bow because of a boat wake while firing from a pirogue. :)

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Thanks Ron, Like I said I was not mad at all. It just looked like you were ignoring my post and I was just wondering why! I'm from the school where you find out something by asking. Next time I"ll be more patient and look at the time on the post. Again, I appologise for getting ahead of myself. And thanks Jack and Bear for helping me see the err of my ways. :wink:

Now back to boat building and such!

Chad

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
OK... I have to ask :oops:

Chad , Who in the heck is Chad , is he on here with us or just the figment of someones imagination. :?:

Rumor has it that he built a Pirogue ..............................

P7070032.jpg

but you know how we always get off the subject around here. Where was I ... "O" Yes about the BBQ'ed grits.

How do you stop them from falling thru the grate on the grill , inquiring minds want to know. Who knows that world famous Chief and trout catcher out there in Arkansas might have the answer , now what was his name , you know the one covered in sawdust and epoxy because he never gets any on the floor of his work shop.

Sorry about that cctyer , It just looked like your time in the bucket. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boy ... Am I ever in some deep chit now. :roll: Jack , you have some safe passage for a while since I stepped in it hip deep.

Chuck.