Two Small tear style canoe trailer's | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Two Small tear style canoe trailer's

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Oh, he's a real Texan alright. Give a dead Texan an enema, and you can bury him in a matchbox. Not much left. :lol:

I learned some stuff paddling with Ron. Some of it I've posted on here already. Some wouldn't be too good to post on here, and some I'm still trying to forget.

All in all, the Texas Troubadour is a good guy.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Sears catalog for insulation? Who-ever heard of such. Last years catalogs are used as something to look at while contemplating. When finished contemplating the page is torn out and used for a more practable purpose. :lol: :wink:
Bob

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Wannabe said:
Sears catalog for insulation? Who-ever heard of such. Last years catalogs are used as something to look at while contemplating. When finished contemplating the page is torn out and used for a more practable purpose. :lol: :wink:
Bob

And scratchy :( :!:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got a little more done in last couple days
door finished and hung.
IM002187.jpg

Windows fit and installed

IM002188.jpg

Two windows on drivers side for more light and roomy feeling.
IM002189.jpg

Fender wells cut in and glued, this little trailer is going to be a winner I think

IM002190.jpg

Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack

this is going to be a twin pontoon twin hull cudda with paddling ports
and gun ports. :lol:
Ron
going to call it the port pontane

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bearridge said:
What kinda rack ya gwine ta put on the roof?

Ron.. I was trying something new and thought I had it set up where anyone from Mississippi talking about grits in the past posts would not be able to post on here. Figured that would be a good way to stop them from harassing you... Dang thing did not work , those Mississippi folks are slippery. :lol:

Bear sent me a e-mail saying he was not able to get on here... I sent him back one saying .... TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER and SIGN ON THE FORUM..... I see it worked. :roll:

See there is more then one way to HIJACK a thread. When you get the camper done . if you want me to I will clean up the chatter on here for you so things stay with the thought. ( Especially my posts and anything over 4 pages will cost you for me to clean it up , like using the camper for a long time. :lol: )

Chuck.
PS.. It's looking good , keep us posted.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Now jest a dang minute....this aint no hijack. Ron iz a boat buildin' SOB (I smiled when I said that pardner), so I figger he will take boats 'n that rollin' tent on expedishuns. So where iz he gwine ta put the boats? Since he didnt put in a moon roof, I figger he kin build a rack 'er figger a way ta hook one onta the roof. We he gits ole 'n wore out like us, it wont be so hard loadin' up?

Jest some outside the box thinkin'. No charge. :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.  Unknown high school student

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Lord if one of these post didn't get jacked a little it wouldn't be no fun.
Bear
I have a little ideal I am working on for the yak carrier, maybe attach at the tongue and rear bumper and have a pin you pull to lean the whole rack to the side till its about waist level. I haven't worked out all the details yet.
I think I am blowing some of them folks mind on the small trailer forum I am on. They can't figure out why I am saturating the inside of the camper with rosin ,well I didn't even start telling them about peanut butter and stress test. But my walls are 4 mm laun :oops: and I am using polyester rosin :oops: :oops: sorry guys I think I am addicted to the smell .
Today all the framing is done inside about half is saturated and the screw holes filled on the outside. Back wall is braced for the ac and the fantastic fan has been framed in .
A couple more coats and a little more sanding and the outside will be ready to paint.
Ron
PS Every time I walk bye the Wolf I sure get the itch to finish it , oh well this winter

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
A 4 pounder swivel gun mounted on the foredeck will keep saber toothed tigers and Apaches out. On each side, mount a 12 ga that is belt fed, tripod mounted, and water cooled. To the rear, 2.75" folding fin rockets with flechette heads for fleeting targets.

Will your final color be the dark brown? Or, a lighter color to reflect heat?