She takes a very SEXY shape!!! | Page 5 | SouthernPaddler.com

She takes a very SEXY shape!!!

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Thank you all so much! I will post pics A.S.A.P. and also send them on to Uncle John!

I love the boat Chuck! No worries there. It would be hard to think of getting rid of it especially not having rowed her yet. And yes I did all the work in the garage accept one day when I sanded the bottom before glass. A little OCD never hurt anyone, Right? :shock:

Seedtick, I think your right there! I had people over for our annual Independance Day celebration and the boat was the hit of the BBQ, lots of questions and she's not even been wet yet.

Jack, I tried to ride one of those blasted unicycles once as a kid and that wont happen again.

I got the rack late today and just finished putting it on the car. It wont be long now!

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Ok, this will be the last entry for the build thread from me and the next will be in the Boat bragging section with pics. The pics today are of the finished boat accept for final sand and varnish and the front grab bar I used in the boat. The piece of drift wood I used for the front grab bar was found while fishing a few years ago at the Arkansas river with my two boys and it looked so interesting that we brought it back and it has been sitting in the garage since. It was some sort of twisted root I'm guessing but as I built the boat I thought it would make a great grab bar With some memories attached. After qute a bit of sanding this is what it looks like.

I also want to THANK the entire cast (Geezers) and crew (everyone else) for all your help and support with the build and will do my best to spread the word and get more wooden boats on the water including another of my own.

P6290008.jpg

Finished boat . I will post better pics outside in the bragging section.
P6300012.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Good on ya. mate! Helluva nice looking piece of work. You and your family will enjoy that boat for a long time.

(Your grab handle reminds me of a retired sheriff I know. Can't rightly say why, though.)

dawallace45

Actually while we make jokes about people like us who tend to be obsessive about our hobbies and how we do them , and people like cctyer who are meticulous and take perfectionism up a notch it isn't really OCD , I used to work with a guy with OCD and his life was filled with little rituals and obsessions over the smallest details to the stage it was debilitating

David

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Dr.Jack, Have you ever seen the movie AS GOOD AS It Gets with Jack not to be confused with someone else on this board Nichalson and Helen Hunt. That is OCD at it's best. He could not even get out of bed if the house was on fire until he did a ritual of crossing and tapping his feet back and forth on the floor over his slippers the exact same amount of times on each side. You are probaly yanking our chains, but the movie is really good if you have not viewed it yet.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
OCD = Anal retentive.

Saw the flick, thanks. I'm anal retentive on a few issues, (can't think of what they are right now, but will one day), but generally I'm more analytic and results oriented.

I'm also lazier'n all git out. I plan to start procrastinating any day now.

Reactions: FrankAS