Clicky

Time for another pirogue

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
The color may give the camera fits, but the boat looks even better in the water.
It may be slower, and may blows around more than your other boats, but I bet it is easier to load and handle. Sounds to me like you met your goals pretty well. I like it.

beekeeper

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
jdupre' said:
oldsparkey said:
jdupre' said:
Cruises pretty good at a little less than 3.5 mph.
Joey
When folks get in a hurry they attach a motor :roll: ,

Yeah, I know, Chuck. Just spoiled I guess. Those folks attach a motor then a bigger motor, and a bigger motor and pretty soon you get what I saw on the Amite River.......... 40 ft sleek cigarette boat with FOUR 300 hp outboards ! :shock:
Now, just how many more fish can you catch having four 300hp motors on the back of your boat? :roll:
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
There is nothing I enjoy as much as getting into a back country lake that no other boat can get into , especially the big bass boats. Those lakes are some fishing hotspots since they never see a artificial plug or fly and the bottom of my boat looks like a log. All wood natural finished none of that glitter stuff most fishing boats have on them.
Several of the lakes I like to go to there has been only one time , on one lake , another boat was there and it was an air boat and some guys out for a ride.

When you can get a fish on every second or third cast you know you are in the right spot. One little mud puddle ( that is what a lot of folks think of it being ) is a hot spot for bream , red breasts and blue gills. Flip a fly out by the Lilly pads and it will not sit there to long before a fish takes it.

There is a lot to be said for a boat you can pick up and take where ever you want it to go. :D