Two Small tear style canoe trailer's | Page 6 | SouthernPaddler.com

Two Small tear style canoe trailer's

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
No pics tonight ,but got the ribs installed everything squared up ,and ready for the outside skin to be installed tomorrow.
Ill take pics then
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Well still no pics but got the roof, back and part of the front outside skin on. I promised my better half I would take her to red lobster :thumbsup: Now I am to full to go outside and take any pic
Tomorrow I promise
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got a little more done today , finished sanding and putting in the rest of the braces for the front and back walls and got all of it skinned but the front

IM002215.jpg

IM002216.jpg

We are going to get some rain tonight so I put the saturation coat on everything I had put together.

IM002217.jpg

IM002218.jpg

I hope it rains for a few days , it is so dry here.
Thats all folks.
Ron

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Bilgerat said:
Thanks for the pics, Ron!
I meant ta say that.....'n how come ya sprayed yer yard with Roundup. :lol: :lol:

regards
bearridge

Woodrow Call: We come to this place to make money. They wasn't nothin' about fun in the deal.
Gus McCrae: What are you talkin' about? You don't even like money. You like money even less than you like fun, if that's possible.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bear
We are in a major drought here and I finally just gave up on the back yard, Most of my back yard is in the shade of two big oak trees and that also doesn't help.
I am doing a major face lift to the house ,patio ornamental fences couple small green houses for Sondra. when I get through with all that then I am going to tear that yard all to pieces and try some different kinds of ground cover.
To much to do and not enough hours in the day.
Got a nice rain last night and it is still raining.
Ron

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Ron,

Pink flamingos go good in the yard. Mebbe a bottle tree? My Mother covered up a heap a dirt (cut down on the mowin') with Confederate Jasmine.

I like trees. We planted over a hunerd cherry laurels 'n eleagnus....both nuisance shrubs/trees. I like lookin' out at green leaves in the winter. :wink:

regards
bearridge

I like shooting, and I love hunting. But I never did enjoy killing anybody. It's my job. If I don't get those bastards, then they're gonna kill a lot of these kids we got dressed up like Marines. That's just the way I see it. Carlos Hathcock

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I have been getting a little done between the light showers and cool mornings.
Got my finish coat of glass on the roof and about half sanded out, all the rain and no leaks :lol:
Built and installed the inside fenders.
I have about half the framing for windows installed should be finished tomorrow with that.

I changed a few things on the tepee from the measurements we used on the coyote.
On the front profile I used a 12 and 12 (45%0 angle top and bottom, I did this for more room and battery mounting in the future. The back has a 8 inch tall 12 inch foreward slope ,I will get into why later.
On my camper I will be using a 38 inch wide mattress for when I am camping solo and two of them when my rib goes, so I moved the door foreward on the tepee to accommodate that.
The back wall will carry the ac and I also want to build some small cabinets and a tv stand ,so I braced the back wall stronger.
Pics will have to follow tomorrow my batteries went south on my camera.
Ron :?

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got a little more done and some pics :lol:

I moved the door foreward and cut in and framed
IM002219.jpg

fenders built and installed

IM002220.jpg

IM002221.jpg

windows framed out.

IM002222.jpg

put my saturation coat on the inside walls and back

IM002223.jpg

IM002224.jpg

In the morning I will start cutting foam and installing.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got the foam installed today on side and back wall

IM002225.jpg

interier wood put up on side walls

IM002227.jpg

Installed the ribs accros the front

IM002229.jpg

Its ready to close up now.
Ron

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
This is a great project. If I didn't already have a trailer I'd be tempted to try it.

I know this is probably in the thread somewhere, but it is pretty long... Are you glassing the exterior?

George

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
George
It is really pretty short . 10 ft long bye 78 wide. It should weigh about a 1000 lbs when completed.
I am tapping the seams and putting several coats of resin on the outside then it will be painted, the inside has saturation coat for stiffness.
This is going to be my dog house ,hunting and fishing trailer.
Ron

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
I actually meant the thread is pretty long.. :D

1000 lbs is light!! You could tow that with just about anything, which is great when you can't tell what gas prices are going to look like. Won't need a fancy-pants hitch platform either, if you are using any sort of truck.

Really cool.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Ron,
You going to have it finished in time to bring it to the Roundemup thing at Pipers? But if you did, would you ever get it back home? Be like a bunch of rig welders on a peice of equiptment.
Bob

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Had a pretty good day today.

Framed my door.

IM002233.jpg

Insulation installed

IM002234.jpg

Got the rest of the skin put on outside of the tepee

IM002231.jpg

IM002232.jpg

all the framing installed inside

IM002235.jpg

IM002236.jpg

It is ready for a saturation coat of glass on the installed parts tomorrow.
Ron