Two Small tear style canoe trailer's | Page 7 | SouthernPaddler.com

Two Small tear style canoe trailer's

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got the saturation coat on the inside areas this morning ,then cut and finished installing foam.

IM002237.jpg

Got all the inside skin installed

IM002239.jpg

IM002240.jpg

Started filling screw holes and seams on the outside.

IM002241.jpg

More to come tomorrow.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
No pics today .
Got the door fit and ready to hang, most of the screw holes filled and the seams ready to be taped and glassed.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Today was one of those money spending days.
First I found the lock I am going to use for the door,bought it.
I then went and picked up my windows for the tepee ,bought them
Stopped by Academy they had a pop up tent like I wanted for the river float trips I make,bought that
Then my better half had a couple stops to make, Michles, for card stock(she does custom greeting cards) then 2 stops where she bought violets,some where the seeds had been in outerspace, I just said yes dear and paid for them.
Went to Cracker Barrel and ate.
Had to get back to the house was spending to much.
But I am on the better side of the lady of the house
(bet it don't last long) :twisted:
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Today was one of those money spending days.
First I found the lock I am going to use for the door,bought it.
I then went and picked up my windows for the tepee ,bought them
Stopped by Academy they had a pop up tent like I wanted for the river float trips I make,bought that
Then my better half had a couple stops to make, Michles, for card stock(she does custom greeting cards) then 2 stops where she bought violets,some where the seeds had been in outerspace, I just said yes dear and paid for them.
Went to Cracker Barrel and ate.
Had to get back to the house was spending to much.
But I am on the better side of the lady of the house
(bet it don't last long) :twisted:
Ron

:lol: :lol: :lol: Same here.... Told the Boss I would be out west on this day one month from now so to repent for that misguided statement I went in and got a 5 pound pork round , boneless , center cut rib roast and did it in the old crock , pot , cooker with sauerkraut. Then some spuds to go with it. Man we have some really good left overs , even after pups had his share of everything. :oops:

The boss could not sleep last night and was up at 4 AM , then the neighbors got into a fight and I layed in bed listing to that while the boss made all sorts of noise out in the house ratting things around. Anyway I managed to stay in my bed till just before 7 AM wondering if it is legal to shoot some loud mouth Hispanics and flatten the tires on the vehicles they spin out in when everyone should be sleeping. Did I ever say we have some really stupid folks living out here , not including myself for staying here but the place is paid for. :roll:

All I can say is tonight pup's will be in his bedroom or with the Boss in her bedroom but not mine :) ..... I know what a supper like this does to him , the toots he has been doing from the chili is nothing like he will be doing tonight or in the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol: Me included.

Dam .. I am sure looking forward to getting out of here for a while.... That you can take to the bank , if you know of a secure one.

"O" give me a country and area to roam in the camper and enjoy life....
I will be as happier then anyone , without missing my wife.

Chuck.
Man I'm happy she does not read this forum and what is posted. Guess that is why we have made it to 44 years this month. :wink:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I had a pretty good day today. Bed is framed out and top installed

IM002244.jpg

It is hinged so you can use the space under it as srorage

IM002242.jpg

Got the window opening routed out and windows installed

IM002243.jpg

IM002246.jpg

Door is hung ready for latch.

IM002247.jpg

IM002248.jpg

I closed it up and put a small electric heater inside within minutes I was turning it off.
Till tomorrow
Ron

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I caint figger out how ya keep yer dogs out? Dont they have ta put some smells on it....so all the other critters will know who it belongs ta? [grin]

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bear the secret to that is I just marked the lumber one night before I started the build. :twisted:
They know who the lead dog is around here.
:D
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I got the door for the cabinets framed and hung.

IM002251.jpg

IM002252.jpg

The left hand door opens inward and the center door opens tward the floor, I did this for ease of reaching things from outside the trailer with out having to get in the trailer.

IM002253.jpg

The door on the left opens to the wall.
The cutout center section is for the camp chef stove when I buy it.

IM002254.jpg

Later
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Just a question for you.........

You are setting the camper up with a A/C Unit in it which tells me you will be using some plug in power at times. Why not go one more step and have a small microwave in there for some quick cooking ( some of the meals are really good ) or just for keeping the coffee hot when camping someplace that has a power hook up. Less hassle , quicker meals without the fuss , muss and problems , just heat and eat , then crash in the AC for some good ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'S.

Heck you could even cook off the shelf ( Put together for your taste ) meals in the microwave since 99 % of the stuff is made for that today. :D

Chuck.
PS .. Yep it took me 215 minutes to think of that idea after my last post. :lol:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck
I already have the micro wave bought sitting in the shed. I also have a small apt fridge sitting here ready to go.
Those two things will be removable but a place and plug set up for them,that way if I am camping in an place with 110 I can use them.
It will also be set up to boondock, a 12 volt fantastic fan,12 volt lights, the stove with the oven can be moved to a spot outside where a small shelf will let you set it.I also have a 10 by 10 first up canopy that will attach to the side of the trailer.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Chuck
I already have the micro wave bought sitting in the shed. I also have a small apt fridge sitting here ready to go.
Those two things will be removable but a place and plug set up for them,that way if I am camping in an place with 110 I can use them.
It will also be set up to boondock, a 12 volt fantastic fan,12 volt lights, the stove with the oven can be moved to a spot outside where a small shelf will let you set it.I also have a 10 by 10 first up canopy that will attach to the side of the trailer.
Ron

I should of know that , silly me. :lol: :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Chuck
Any Ideals are appreciated ,
I am having fun rigging this little tepee
Ron

Just thinking of things that you might of missed , silly me , I should of known you would not of missed them. After all ... on the road and then camping at the days end ... comfort and doing what you want is what counts. :D

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
What kinda solar panels ya aim ta put on top ta run all that stuff? Mebbe a windmill? That way ya fill up yer batteries drivin' down the highroad....til ya come upon a bridge 'er a power line. Mebbe a short windmill? Reckon a layer of Reynolds wrap across the ceilin'? That way ya dont need a collander less ya like noodles. [grin]

regards
bearridge

Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms. Aristotle