Two Small tear style canoe trailer's | Page 8 | SouthernPaddler.com

Two Small tear style canoe trailer's

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bear
I will install a solar panel sometimes this year, I also have a generater I can carry.
I have a hunting trip planned in Sept in Colo that should last 2 to 3 weeks so i will need the charging capibility.
Ron

Gator

Dec 15, 2006
East Lansing/Okemos Michigan
Ron,
Bear had a good idea with the windmills, If you put a series of low profile windmills on it and hook it to a series of batteries you'll charge everytime you pull your buggy down the road. Don't ask me how to do it, I'll can come up with the useless ideas and let you figure out how to do it.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
My Dad told me that in the days of yesteryear some houses had the little low voltage windmills on their house to run lights and such. Something like that might save you some gasoline and noise when your in Colo. hunting Ron. Ya need more gadgets to play with.
Bob

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
One of the Little Rascals wore a windmill on hiz stylish cap. Back then nobody figgered he coulda been chargin' a battery ta run a cellularized telephone. Even if they had cellularized telephones back then, I caint see Elliot Ness wearin' one. I wonder if ya wore a windmill cap 'n run the wire ta some aluminimumum foil on the inside, would ya be able ta pick up any music on alien radio stations out past the Bear Bryant 'n beyond the Dolly Partons....mebbe out ta Abracadabra 'er Pluto?

I will come up with some more good high technikle ideas later on.

regards
bearridge
Bodine Center fer Junk Science

I wish... to see maintained that wholesome distribution of powers established by the Constitution for the limitation of both [the State and General governments], and never to see all offices transferred to Washington where, further withdrawn from the eyes of the people, they may more secretly be bought and sold as at market. Thomas Jefferson

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Now if I could get bear to follow me around where I camped I would put up one of them windmils , it wouldnt ever run out of wind.
:lol:
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Now if I could get bear to follow me around where I camped I would put up one of them windmils , it wouldnt ever run out of wind.
:lol:
Ron

I would suggest that you only do that in the winter months since you could kill two birds with one stone ( so to speak ) you would have plenty of wind and have HOT wind to boot. :roll:

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
yeah....'n if the Sparkanator comes along, we kin raize a garden, even where the soil iz poor....eat tomater sammiches 'n watch the Badlands flood. [chuckle] how bout a methane converter? anuther eazy source of free energy on Paddlin' Geezer Canoe Clud expedishuns....but so far it haz jest been a fireworks show. Anybody figgered out how ta run a Coleman stove off methane? mebbe Clifford Jacobs? Wait....he dont make methane, does he? lmao

Speakin' of trailers....what is the status of The Chuck Wagon? Sounds like piper iz the one in need of one now.

the windy
bearridge

Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself.  Mark Twain

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I spent yesterday finishing running the glass on the out side of the tepee,and sandinggggggggg and sanding to day
got my first coat of paint on her.

IM002255.jpg

IM002256.jpg

IM002257.jpg

I am realy pleased with the finish I am getting its going to look factory.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
The Tepee is on hold for a few days. But it is a good thing has been raining for 2 days and looks like about 3 more
in the forecast. Dry as we are in Texas we will sure take it.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I am going to like this.
Got a big mugg of coffee and walked outside and crawled in the Teepee to see if it had any leaks.
I had an electric heater inside there so I plugged it in . I was sitting there enjoying my coffee thinking about my wireing
and realized how nice it was ,warm rain beating on the roof,I wish I already had my matteress in here I would take a napp.
I was grinning like a kid with a new toy thinking bout cold miserable trips in tents I had taken,Thinking thats all over with now ,think I am going to love this little trailer.
Ron
Ps its 37 degrees raining wind blowing
Trailer is comphy as heck

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Nice outfit, Ron. That will be nice to come home to after lugging up them mountains in Colorado. A nice supper of venison steak, a soft bed and a warm place to sleep--heaven.

Joey

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
No pics today but did get some done.
Hole cut in the roof fantastic fan installed
,bottom of trailer caulked
Installed the gasket on the door.
A week of rain got me to thinking(i know thats dangerous) I pulled the door off and put several coats of fiberglass resin on the edges and inside the door.
I will reinstall it tomorrow
Latches put on cabinet doors.
Wasn't to bad a day and we are going to have good weather tomorrow again :D
Ron

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Ron,

It wuz danged hot here yesterday. Time fer the Roundup. I sprayed 6 gallons. Miz Bear sprayed some. She dont let me spray near the patio she built....'er near the crepe myrtles. I dont reckon folks in yer neighborhood even know what Roundup iz. [grin] Soon az the Roundup soaks in good, back ta mowin'. [sigh]

regards
bearridge
bodine lawn service

But the difference between giving and being taxed is hardly subtle; it's the difference between an act of love and rape.  George F. Smith