Rip-Roaring Rendezvous Report 2010 | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Rip-Roaring Rendezvous Report 2010

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
OOps, missed one.

What is going through Beekeepers mind? (like the seagulls in Finding Nemo) MINE MINE MINE. Just kidding JD. :D :D

IMG_0010.jpg

Bob

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Piper for the all their efforts setting up the rendezvous. It was a combination of great people, boats and food and more great food. Makes for wonderful memories.

The boats and gear were all great. Jack was even well behaved!

I want to apologize for being somewhat in a daze at the party. I got into town at 6:30 AM and to the party about 9:00 AM I think.

Just got home tonight about 8:30 local time. I still hear the diesel bus sound.

Can anyone send me a list of the names of all the participants?

Steve

Glad you made it home, Bear's Buddy. . . Was good to talk to you on the phone the other morning. . . Glad you had a good time. . .

Bob, thanks for the pix, m'friend. . . Ooh, boy, you got the makin's of GAR-UN-TEED gar-un-teed plane tickets to next year's event there for me, once Susie sees 'em. . . Thanks, bro'. . . . :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
To anyone who didn't make it--the trip is well worth the effort! Most goodest time Ah had since my brotha fell offn the fence 'n' the hogs ate'em. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Steve

Re: Rip-Roaring Rendsezvou Report 2010

BEARS BUDDY said:
Sounds like we will meet at the 2011 Rendezvous Steve.

You can take that to the bank, my friend. . . Susie is already making plans. . . :D :lol: 8)

Not to change the subject of the thread or hijack in any way but dang if it weren't snowing this morning. . . Not enough to stick but I am beginning to think winter will be setting in again before this one is truly over. . . :(

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Well, the food, folks, fantastic stories, and fun were well worth traveling the breadth of our country to be around. I'm glad to just be able to hang out with you professional BS'ers. Still being in amature standing yet, it's a true honor to share the same sunlight with you fellas and gals.

Piper San, did you mention Jim Fergusson and the other Jim as attending? I also enjoyed talking to two young fellows with names so slippery I can't remember them. They seem to hold Piper San in high esteem. I managed to straighten them out some.

John Wong is a gentleman and a scholar. His community spirit is heartfelt.

I enjoyed meeting all my old friends, and making some new ones. Dick - Bald Cypress in disguise - is an Air Force vet like me. JD - Bee Keeper - and Jeff are a couple of fine fellows. And Mutt and Jeff - Keith and Seedtick - are always a pair to reckon with. Joey, one of my camping buddies, showed me his new hammock with a double bottom. Damned good thinking; beat even Hennessey's ideas.

Graybeard's bottle of John Barleycorn found its way into a cup that was stuck to my chair. I did manage to get it loose a time or two. Thank you, my Buckeye friend. Most miraculous of all was that, after a sip or thirty of it, as I dozed off, it escaped Piper San's notice. Had he seen me sleeping, he'd of strangled another poor, unfortunate cat and let its screams awaken me like he did last year. He hides those stray cats in a leather bag with sticks jutting out in all directions. Poor things. :wink:

I want two recipes, as best I can recall - Canadian bacon and salsa. I'd cherish any other recipes that float my way too. I enjoyed everything I was able to slip onto my plate, and the cake that was on my shirt was good too.

Now, about next year's rendezvous..............

dawallace45

From my phone call to the rendezvous I got the distinct impression that Piper and his wife and all the other helpers really out did them selves to a amazing degree , people were telling me how great it was and how much fun they had and how good the food was , looks like Piper now has some life long fans , got to admit I'd love to make it there and meet all the guys in person but it's not going to happen , I don't fly , dislike and distrust air travel and it's too far to paddle

The only disappointment for me with with my phone call was that during the first part the line was playing up so much that for the first few people I talked to I was only able to understand one word in three , I think I may have talked to the famous Keith and Seedtick who build those beautiful timber boats but I'm not 100% sure , [ got to admit that I'd give my left testicle to have that beautiful cabin boat they built a little while back ] the line was still playing up when I talked to Wannabe but had settled down some by the time I talked to Jack and Joey , maybe next time ,
I think that maybe the fact that I was using a walk-about phone this end was the problem if a walk-about phone was used the other end it would have compounded the problem , probably doesn't help that I'm a little deaf and that my father who is much more deaf was only 10 ft away and talking loudly to my wife , all us deaf people talk loud

David

islandpiper

Jack, i was sure that rpecot's salsa was in the recipes, not so. Russ, can you post it again? And, we can all TRY to make it that good.

The bacon explosion is easy......just a couple pounds of bacon, a couple pounds of sausage, some good spicy rub, some BBQ sauce and a smoker.

piper

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Dang,
Got ot looking and I don"t have a picture of Bears Buddy's crossbow pistol. That was pretty neat. I am enjoying the west system books you brought. Lots of info in them. Thanks BB.
Bob

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Search crossbow under the shooting forum. There are pictures of the pistol and my shoulder stocked crossbow on the second page of the Crossbows topic as well as the site for purchasing the bows and strings. PM me if you need any other info.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
So much posted already about this great day, but I wanted to remind everyone there how much Mr. Kayak Jack' donation helped to make this possable. Mr. Piper could give details, but it was a generous gift. :D My only regret is I wished we could have stayed longer. All these pictures show me how much I passed over.

beekeeper

islandpiper

Hmmm.....maybe next year we can think about a day of Rendezvous and a day of paddling/range practice. We have an offer from a range-owner, this could work out well.

Yes, Kayak Jack made a generous contribution to the cause this year and single handedly paid for about half of the gig. THANKS JACK!!

piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
YES...... This proves what I have always known.

That is the problem with Hammocks....... They are just to comfortable , even when there is a full blast party going on with a ton of good , eats , aromas plus all the Boat Science just a few feet away from you. Just ask Bald Cypress about that. :wink: :lol:

IMG_0075.jpg

If Joey would of not known someone was wanting to see his set up and taking pictures of him ...... I bet the ...ZZZZZZZZZZZ'S ... would of been there. He just looks to comfortable. :D

IMG_0027.jpg

Chuck.........